Download....

Dramomo

Question

So, when exactly will the World Download site be changed?    It is clear the other one has too many issues, I have lost all patience in trying to download it, and it is clear that damage gets done between Minehut and the current uploader.

When will this be addressed?   

And, can we please get a notice saying said thing has been addressed and updated?   

5 answers to this question

I don't think there's any specific date. I'm assuming a Developer will make an announcement if this change does happen

Junior Mod (01/04/2020) - Resigned 

Discord » Koronotchi#0001 
Minecraft Username » Koronotchi 

image.png.17a385f298c8969f6b1cf03e27ee50d3.png

10 hours ago, Koroonotchii said:

I don't think there's any specific date. I'm assuming a Developer will make an announcement if this change does happen

That's the point.   I do not have the patience to try and fail to download a 1GB+ world over and over until one actually goes through.   It should be addressed.    I'm not sure why we have to "try until it works" when it should "work" to begin with, that's a huge flaw, no matter how you look at it.

15 hours ago, Emily said:

Minehut can't do much about the issue as it's the site they use which isn't owned by Minehut. I usually recommend people to get a world downloader mod to get their world.

Again, this is not a legitimate response.

The site used having issues, not being updated and more, needs to be switched for another.  

The server has a World Download feature, linked to a broken website.   That is the entire point.    Instead of saying "it's not owned by Minehut" or "try until it works" or any other excuse/reason, it should instead, be addressed and the website in which is used, changed appropriately to something more stable.   Having to download a mod just to get a working version of my world, shouldn't even be mentioned.   The fact is, the website used to download worlds has issues, and people have brought it up.  

Instead of deflecting, it should have been looked into and addressed by someone in the hierarchy, as well as changed rather than people who give generic responses, or clearly, don't know what they're talking about.

Minehut has several services, and having one that does not work properly, will tend to make people frown on it.

> Instead of deflecting, it should have been looked into and addressed by someone in the hierarchy, as well as changed rather than people who give generic responses, or clearly, don't know what they're talking about.

It has been looked into, Benny has looked at alternatives before but we ended up with not much, Minehut is already working on a backup feature and many other features but this is just one of the many bugs. It won't get fixed soon.

IGN: PandaChan

Discord: PundaChen

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PundaChen