Changing world seed / whole world without resetting player data

Zin111

Question

Hello! Recently, I've been trying to figure out how to change the world seed / reset the world while keeping the player data (inventory / ender chest items). I have been struggling with this, and have tried deleting the "region" file in the world - dashboard and then changing the seed, but it just resets the world and keeps the same seed. I have watched multiple tutorials on how to change the seed, but they require the server to be completely reset.

3 answers to this question

You can download the player data folder. Reset the world by pressing regenerate contents in the settings tab. And once its reset, upload the player data folder back into the world.

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 - 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - 12/20/22

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

hey @_Tarna_, that didn't seem to work, I got the world to reset and all the plugins/data packs to stay, and now I have the playerdata folder; I deleted the old one, and uploaded the new one, unzipped it so it was a normal playerdata folder. then I restarted my server, and joined, but I didn't have the items I gave to myself prior to saving the file. (this is a test server, so I can make sure it will work correctly on my main server). any help?

Try stopping it, doing all of that while the server is offline, THEN starting it.

rose city STICKER

RosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaR

i code, animate, develop, UI design, learn, and adapt, as well as make servers, of course

💐Joined Minehut sometime in 2014
💐VIP sometime in 2018
💐Legend in January 2021
💐Helper on 4/11/2021
💐♥ (Retired) on 5/17/2021
💐 Moderator on 8/18/2023