Question about Player Limit Rule

toomanybees

Question

Hi, I have a question about rule #3 in Player Server Rules:
"If you don't have more than 10 player slots, you can't have more than 10 players on your server."

I understand that if you intentionally try to get lots of people on your server then you're breaking this rule, but what about accidents? EG am I breaking this rule if an 11th person joins my server for a few minutes just by chance? Even if I'm offline? And what would happen if my sever did accidentally break this rule? I'm wondering if I should get a plugin to actually stop 11+ people joining or something. 

I don't expect my server to be wildly popular but in the future it might get up to 10 people on at once who knows, so I'm curious about the rule here <:

...and whoops just realised this should be in Community Support, so a mod moving it would be cool 

Edited by toomanybees

4 answers to this question

21 hours ago, toomanybees said:

Hi, I have a question about rule #3 in Player Server Rules:
"If you don't have more than 10 player slots, you can't have more than 10 players on your server."

I understand that if you intentionally try to get lots of people on your server then you're breaking this rule, but what about accidents? EG am I breaking this rule if an 11th person joins my server for a few minutes just by chance? Even if I'm offline? And what would happen if my sever did accidentally break this rule? I'm wondering if I should get a plugin to actually stop 11+ people joining or something. 

I don't expect my server to be wildly popular but in the future it might get up to 10 people on at once who knows, so I'm curious about the rule here <:

...and whoops just realised this should be in Community Support, so a mod moving it would be cool 

That shouldn't be possible to do other than using glitches, so you shouldn't need to worry. If this glitch does occur, then just add this skript

on join:
      if player count is higher than max player count:
            kick the player due to "Server is full"