Why I Dont Play Minehut As Much Anymore...

AgentGamerPro

Hello Minehut Community,

You may know me as AgentGamerPro. I used to be really active on the forums, answering questions from others, and having a great time. But now I haven't been nearly as active as I have been before. I've been going back to Hypixel, playing mainly skyblock and skywars. There is a number of reasons why I haven't been on. I'm going to focus on 2 topics this post.

I. The Trends of Servers
It's not the people I hate, it's the trends they hop onto. Minehuts top servers usually fit into one of three types of servers (not including networks) Gen servers, box servers, and mining servers. Some of these servers can be really good, and sometimes, even unique. But in the end, they still are just the same kind of server. Gens, Boxes, And Mining. And yes, I know, there are many other Minehut servers out there that aren't like this, but only so many. The 3 types of servers I described are great, but after seeing so many they get boring, and I'm not the kind of person to stick to a server with many clones of the same type. People like their own things, and that's great. I'm not saying that it's all bad, it's just that it gets boring.

II. The Advertisement System
Let's say you joined Minehut for the first time and created your own server for others to join. You make a really good game with the potential of being its own network. You go to the lobby to advertise but since you don't have a rank, you can't use colors. And as the advertisement is sent to everyone it gets overflown by the huge messages with colorful and bold lettering, with your advertisement only showing on a screen for less than 3 seconds. Now while I did make a section about this, I do think that this is the best way right now for the advertisement system. Although I made this section because messages are finite, and rarely seen. With the limited number of characters you get, and with no coloring since you have no rank, it almost makes you think that Minehut can be pay-2-win in some instances. If you buy a rank, you can use colors and special effects to get more players on your server. This is unfair to people who can't afford ranks. (Yes, I have pro rank and yes, I speak for the non-ranked.)

I may come back to Minehut someday, when the trends die down, whenever that will be. You may see me on sometimes, and that's because I'm on a friend's server. If you do see me, say hi.

Edited by AgentGamerPro
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

image.png.bc433d6489d70ad831075fe76809b993.png

Lifestealed | Minecraft Servers

OG [VIP] 12/26/20 - 10/27/2021
OG [PRO] 12/27/21 - 11/18/2022
OG [LEGEND] 11/18/2022 - 3/14/2023
[DEFAULT] 3/14/2023 - Present

I can relate to the struggle of promoting a server. I have a rank but either my ads are bad or my luck is bad. Or I don’t have enough accounts because most of the top servers must have like 20 patron accounts lol.  

Edited by Checkmate128

Owner of oldgaffle.minehut.gg. (my paintball server)

Owner of karted.minehut.gg. (my mario kart server)

Advocate of individual freedom, especially freedom of speech.

Cooler than Stalemate128.

58 minutes ago, Checkmate128 said:

I can relate to the struggle of promoting a server. I have a rank but either my ads are bad or my luck is bad. Or I don’t have enough accounts because most of the top servers must have like 20 patron accounts lol.  

They just pay people to advertise. I have the same issue. I am hoping to build a community for my server, but my 1 free advertiser (PRO) and myself (VIP) peaked the server at 8 people yesterday, including me, my alt, and my advertiser.

Main MC account: Gam3rBoi (VIP in MH)

Alt MC account: *Gam3rBoi2147

Farcade server owner

Skripter with 6+ months experience + time learning coding concepts

Message me through the forums if you need anything!

13 hours ago, Punish said:

Captain America Reaction GIF

see you again somewhere, solider

nice.

5 hours ago, Gam3rBoi said:

They just pay people to advertise. I have the same issue. I am hoping to build a community for my server, but my 1 free advertiser (PRO) and myself (VIP) peaked the server at 8 people yesterday, including me, my alt, and my advertiser.

Just proving that Minehut is even more pay-2-win.

6 hours ago, Checkmate128 said:

I feel the same way with advertising.

21 hours ago, Gam3rBoi said:

I got 10 by myself and 12 once using my legend account and having two of my server members do ads on their default accounts. 

Owner of oldgaffle.minehut.gg. (my paintball server)

Owner of karted.minehut.gg. (my mario kart server)

Advocate of individual freedom, especially freedom of speech.

Cooler than Stalemate128.

I agree with your opinions. These type of server is boring. I want to make a hcf server but minehut doesn't support custom spigot fork (These fork are important cause they contain essential thing like PotionEffectEvent, iHCF, and native 1.7 - 1.8 Support) so my idea die out. It is hard to find a good faction server on minehut or maybe just 1.8 pvp based.

1 hour ago, LOLOLOL232131 said:

I agree with your opinions. These type of server is boring. I want to make a hcf server but minehut doesn't support custom spigot fork (These fork are important cause they contain essential thing like PotionEffectEvent, iHCF, and native 1.7 - 1.8 Support) so my idea die out. It is hard to find a good faction server on minehut or maybe just 1.8 pvp based.

minehut will most likely never add custom forks that players can add, though i cant complain about that, could be bad if they did.

Edited by AgentGamerPro