[IMPORTANT] Stop using Minehut's backup system.

Ilas_

Let's start from the beginning. I recently made a backup for my server because I had to do some tests, I was confident so I didn't download the whole server in my PC. After I was done with the tests, I restored my backup using the "Restore" button. I waited a couple of minutes, and, when I got back to my server, what did I notice? That the whole server was wiped up and the backup was broken. Final result? Lost a whole month of work. Thanks Minehut for our daily dose of bugs.

Minehut's administrators should think about hiring developers, not dumbasses, and they should also think about the user experience, not just the money.

7 hours ago, Ilas_ said:

Let's start from the beginning. I recently made a backup for my server because I had to do some tests, I was confident so I didn't download the whole server in my PC. After I was done with the tests, I restored my backup using the "Restore" button. I waited a couple of minutes, and, when I got back to my server, what did I notice? That the whole server was wiped up and the backup was broken. Final result? Lost a whole month of work. Thanks Minehut for our daily dose of bugs.

To be fair, minehuts backups are unreliable to some, but I have yet to have this problem ever.

Minehut's backup system isnt something to use until its a last resort, which is why you should download important files and worlds, in case something happens in the restoration process where itll corrupt and break. Save backups often, it will be less likely to break if it has less to change.

• Like 1

image.png.bc433d6489d70ad831075fe76809b993.png

Lifestealed | Minecraft Servers

OG [VIP] 12/26/20 - 10/27/2021
OG [PRO] 12/27/21 - 11/18/2022
OG [LEGEND] 11/18/2022 - 3/14/2023
[DEFAULT] 3/14/2023 - Present

Download worlds and important files such as Skripts. Use Minehut’s backup system as an additional layer of protection (and convenience). Never had your specific problem but I believe something like it is entirely possible on Minehut. 

• Like 1

Owner of oldgaffle.minehut.gg. (my paintball server)

Owner of karted.minehut.gg. (my mario kart server)

Advocate of individual freedom, especially freedom of speech.

Cooler than Stalemate128.

• 2 months later...
On 1/7/2022 at 4:22 PM, Ilas_ said:

I had the same problem. 4 months of work with my friends lost on a stupid damn farm.