Need HELP for a /ad script

nqpt

Hello could someone make me a simple /ad script that would show when a person advertises for our server and the amount of times they have advertised.
Optional: Also could u make it so u could /ad from inside the server and not in the minehut lobbies?

4 hours ago, nqpt said:

Hello could someone make me a simple /ad script that would show when a person advertises for our server and the amount of times they have advertised.
Optional: Also could u make it so u could /ad from inside the server and not in the minehut lobbies?

Hi! Sadly, this is against Minehut's rules now and will get your server suspended. You can still find the source code of the bot if you want to take that risk. I will not link it but you may be able to find it. Just note, if you do take this approach, you have a high chance of your server getting suspended. I do not recommend it.

Developer

Joined Minecraft in 2010 on PC

Joined Minehut in August 2016

1 year Skript experience

2 months Java experience

5 months Javascript experience

This is what Trent said in the #updates channel in the Minehut discord.

Rule Update

Recently, we've been very vague on our handling of ad track services and what's allowed vs not allowed. Today, we're updating our rules and how we enforce them.

Rules: https://forums.minehut.com/rules/

New rules:
14. You are not allowed to use bots or compromised accounts on Minehut.
15. You are not allowed to reward players for advertising your server within Minehut’s chat channels, including lobby chat.

Existing:
13. You are not allowed to sell or share our data.

New rules that clarify using bot accounts on Minehut is not allowed, including to read chat from our lobby. We are making it clear that going forward, ad track services are not allowed on Minehut. Starting Monday, August 9th, we will suspend any servers we find using, promoting, or giving rewards for users advertising in the lobby.

Future of Server Promotion
We understand why people came up with ad track and really like the idea, but it's starting to turn our lobby chat into just an ad channel instead of a place to talk and meet other Minecraft players. We're working on new ways to let players discover servers and server owners to promote their servers. If this is interesting to you or if you're upset about today's change, please join our Meta discord (do !meta) and contribute to the discussion about how we should update server discovery in the future.

Developer

Joined Minecraft in 2010 on PC

Joined Minehut in August 2016

1 year Skript experience

2 months Java experience

5 months Javascript experience

• 1 year later...