WARNING: Look Out For This Person

Pryzmm

This is NOT a joke, a serious matter that is to be taken seriously.

If you meet a man "Arellanes99" on your server, do 1 of 2 things:

• ban them IMMEDIATLY
• Ignore their request for creative

This has happened from experience..

I met this player on minehut on my server. (In my about me if you want to play). They asked for creative for 3 seconds to give some "Artwork". I was skeptical but I had a permission "Spawn.Edit" so he couldn't do anything to my world. I gave them creative and proceeded to give me a sign in blue underlined named "Custom Pixelart!" DO NOT RIGHT CLICK THIS ON YOUR SERVER / WORLD! This will instantaniously CRASH everyones clients. I didn't bother to check but I doubt you would be able to reenter without having to backup or reset the server. How i know this is because when i saw the sign, i was immediatly skeptical since i knew you could add clickable commands to signs. I saved the sign to a hotbar and switched to a singleplayer world. Sure enough, it crashed.

If they send a supposed youtube link, clear chat immediatly. I have not experienced this myself but what I'm told, it's a grabify link that shuts down your internet. For everyones safety, i have included a skript that has /cc (clear chat)

If you see this player. Watch out, they might have more tricks, and take everything they say and do with a grain of salt.
Here is the clear chat skript.

command /cc:
	aliases: /clearchat
	permission: Chat.Clear
	permission message: &cYou cannot execute this command!
	trigger:
		loop 200 times:
			send "&a" to all players
		send "&3&lThe Chat Has Been Cleared By %player%" to all players

• Like 1

image.png.bc433d6489d70ad831075fe76809b993.png

Owner of Lifestealed, Labs, Encore, UNOfficially and Observed

OG [VIP] 12/26/20 - 10/27/2021
OG [PRO] 12/27/21 - 11/18/2022
OG [LEGEND] 11/18/2022 - 3/14/2023
[DEFAULT] 3/14/2023 - 5/8/2024

[MOD] 5/8/2024 - Present

3 hours ago, AgentGamerPro said:

This is NOT a joke, a serious matter that is to be taken seriously.

If you meet a man "Arellanes99" on your server, do 1 of 2 things:

• ban them IMMEDIATLY
• Ignore their request for creative

This has happened from experience..

I met this player on minehut on my server. (In my about me if you want to play). They asked for creative for 3 seconds to give some "Artwork". I was skeptical but I had a permission "Spawn.Edit" so he couldn't do anything to my world. I gave them creative and proceeded to give me a sign in blue underlined named "Custom Pixelart!" DO NOT RIGHT CLICK THIS ON YOUR SERVER / WORLD! This will instantaniously CRASH everyones clients. I didn't bother to check but I doubt you would be able to reenter without having to backup or reset the server. How i know this is because when i saw the sign, i was immediatly skeptical since i knew you could add clickable commands to signs. I saved the sign to a hotbar and switched to a singleplayer world. Sure enough, it crashed.

If they send a supposed youtube link, clear chat immediatly. I have not experienced this myself but what I'm told, it's a grabify link that shuts down your internet. For everyones safety, i have included a skript that has /cc (clear chat)

If you see this player. Watch out, they might have more tricks, and take everything they say and do with a grain of salt.
Here is the clear chat skript.

command /cc:
	aliases: /clearchat
	permission: Chat.Clear
	permission message: &cYou cannot execute this command!
	trigger:
		loop 200 times:
			send "&a" to all players
		send "&3&lThe Chat Has Been Cleared By %player%" to all players

This is quite common. People will create signs and books with custom NBT data that execute commands as soon as they're opened/clicked. They can configure it such that it will sudo you to make them a server operator or even give them permissions.

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

4 hours ago, AgentGamerPro said:

If they send a supposed youtube link, clear chat immediatly. I have not experienced this myself but what I'm told, it's a grabify link that shuts down your internet.

What has the internet come to this point. Like man shutting down someones internet... why do some people do this

I used to play Minehut I guess?
Yeah, I still watch the forums for some reason. (15/5/2023)

Good message but wrong way to do it from @AgentGamerPro.

As @CoolProgrammer said, these kind of attacks are common for servers owned by people or people with little/no experience having dangerous permissions.

Put it simple:

• Do not give dangerous commands to players that you don't know well (/gamemode, /op or deop, /stop, etc).
  • Teach the players with access to dangerous commands the risks of giving someone else dangerous commands and maybe not give them at all without the owner/manager's permission.
  • If you end up giving someone creative mode and they write a sign and they tell you to click on the sign placed or not, DO NOT CLICK ON THE SIGN for the safety of the server.
  • Make daily backups of your server via your server's panel, run /save-all hourly or have a skript to do so atleast you have a save.
  • Use DiscordSRV or Skript with Vixio to log all commands ran by operators/players with * permissions if you need to.

Due to how customizable Minecraft is, these kind of attacks are very easily done if someone with dangerous permissions doesn't know any better, the community just needs to learn how these attacks are done and avoid them from happening at all costs.

If a attack is done on Minehut and you have very clear evidence/proof that they attacked, you may report them here.

Please note: when I say "dangerous permissions", this means /op status or * (all commands) permissions given by someone via a permission plugin such as "LuckPerms" and "PermissionsEX".

Edited by Houlton
  • Like 1

I'm just a known player who been playing since the 24 July 2019.

Please don't DM me for support, go here (if you don't mind waiting) or join Minehut's Discord (which is more active) if you need assistance.

12 hours ago, CoolProgrammer said:

This is quite common. People will create signs and books with custom NBT data that execute commands as soon as they're opened/clicked. They can configure it such that it will sudo you to make them a server operator or even give them permissions.

Something similar happened to me once. Someone wrote a book named "Book For the Owner", I for some reason turned the pages, and can you guess what happened next?

It tried to OP everyone on my server XD (even tho it didn't work)

Yodexx

OWNER - MCMinemon Minigames

DUCK - Discord (QuackyYodexx#0001)

QUACK.png.e70970f3c45a686de33482fa9bc3eadc.png

• 2 years later...

Please make sure that you aren't responding to posts that haven't been responded to in over a month. Thanks!

No rank - 2017-2021

Minehut Tester - 2021-2023

Minehut Volunteer Moderator - 2023-Current

Report a player/server: Report Player / Server

Create a support ticket: Submit a request

Did I help you? If so, feel free to give me a like!