Is it possible to have 2 variables such as to %player% from %player%

uwuMehu

I would like to have a command that gives a player an item from an admin or any staff member so

To: player

command /test [<player>]:
  trigger:
    give a wooden shovel of protection 1 with hidden enchants flag with name "&9Ladel" with lore "&7Forged by an the hands of" and "&7a Staff Member" and "&7Given to  %player%" and "&8Given by" to player-arg #This last bit is where im confused, how would I make it from someone to someone 

image.png

%player% stands for the player that executes the cmd or event or something 

for the 2nd player which is the <player> thing u have in ur skript, that would be %arg-1% or u could do %arg% only if theres one arg

so ur skript should be 

command /test [<player>]:
    trigger:
        give a wooden shovel of protection 1 with hidden enchants flag with name "&9Ladel" with lore "&7Forged by the legendary hands of" and "&7a Staff Member" and "&7Given to: %arg-1%" and "&&Given by: %player%"

Just now, sorryffs said:

%player% stands for the player that executes the cmd or event or something 

for the 2nd player which is the <player> thing u have in ur skript, that would be %arg-1% or u could do %arg% only if theres one arg

so ur skript should be 

command /test [<player>]:
    trigger:
        give a wooden shovel of protection 1 with hidden enchants flag with name "&9Ladel" with lore "&7Forged by the legendary hands of" and "&7a Staff Member" and "&7Given to: %arg-1%" and "&&Given by: %player%"

or i couldve said this

command /example: <ex> <ex> <ex> <ex>

arg-1 arg-2 arg-3 arg-4

im bad at explinaing things lolol

• Thanks 1

its fine it worked, would this work with essentials chat so if I gave it to a player it would be like From [Admin] Mehu

[Member] Player

1 minute ago, uwuMehu said:

its fine it worked, would this work with essentials chat so if I gave it to a player it would be like From [Admin] Mehu

[Member] Player

idk lol. ive never used essentials for that stuff, 

24 minutes ago, uwuMehu said:

[Member] Player

If you want the rank shown up too, do %player's prefix% %player%

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

adding that just made the script have an error

trigger:
        give a wooden shovel of protection 1 with hidden enchants flag with name "&9Ladel" with lore "&7Forged by the legendary hands of" and "&7a Staff Member" and "&8Given to: %arg-1% &8Edition 1" and "&8Given by: %player's prefix% %player%" to player

1 minute ago, uwuMehu said:

adding that just made the script have an error

trigger:
        give a wooden shovel of protection 1 with hidden enchants flag with name "&9Ladel" with lore "&7Forged by the legendary hands of" and "&7a Staff Member" and "&8Given to: %arg-1% &8Edition 1" and "&8Given by: %player's prefix% %player%" to player

What's the error? and make sure you also have vault since that is needed to use things like %player's prefix%.

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

26 minutes ago, uwuMehu said:

skvault?

no. just vault

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

34 minutes ago, uwuMehu said:

also if I wanted like edition #1 it wont work cause # is to type in the code could I bypass this somehow?

if u do ## instead of # it should work (it only works if ur text is in "", and not '')