Server Version

D00RS

Question

I'm a bit confused on how to change my Minehut server's version. I looked through everything in the server panel and have yet to find anything related to the server's version. I might be overlooking something, but I'm not sure if that feature even exists. I really want to play on my server using 1.8.9, so can anyone tell me how to change the server version if that is possible? Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Hey @D00RS
Server versions are the same across all servers on Minehut, we usually update to the newest version as soon as we can.
Keep in mind you cannot change your server version.

How it works -
Since servers aren't able to change versions, you obviously can't revert back to 1.7 or 1.8 to use those combat mechanics which is what most people want to do.
If you're one of those people we have plugins such as OldCombatMechanics, Combat Elite, etc.
Those plugins can help recreate the type of combat mechanics you're looking for.

If you're simply looking to revert back to another version for any reason, just know that it isn't possible. That also goes for when Minecraft releases a new version, when that happens you can't immediately update your servers version, you have to wait for us to update all server versions.

If you want to let players from older versions (1.8, for example) join your server you can install ProtocolSupport (plugin), and it will let players from older versions join.
Note: ProtocolSupport can break plugins and some features, and blocks from newer versions will not display correctly in older versions

Alternatively, you can watch this video https://youtu.be/o7QQcW2MOQ0

• Like 1

╔═════════════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════════════╗

Wasting time on minehut since 2016

╚═════════════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════════════╝

(not anymore lol) Support since 7/3/2019

🏆 Achievements 🏆
Top Monthly Contributor | July
100 Forum Posts | 7/12/2019

I

On 7/27/2019 at 4:44 PM, Inadequately said:

Hey @D00RS
Server versions are the same across all servers on Minehut, we usually update to the newest version as soon as we can.
Keep in mind you cannot change your server version.

How it works -
Since servers aren't able to change versions, you obviously can't revert back to 1.7 or 1.8 to use those combat mechanics which is what most people want to do.
If you're one of those people we have plugins such as OldCombatMechanics, Combat Elite, etc.
Those plugins can help recreate the type of combat mechanics you're looking for.

If you're simply looking to revert back to another version for any reason, just know that it isn't possible. That also goes for when Minecraft releases a new version, when that happens you can't immediately update your servers version, you have to wait for us to update all server versions.

If you want to let players from older versions (1.8, for example) join your server you can install ProtocolSupport (plugin), and it will let players from older versions join.
Note: ProtocolSupport can break plugins and some features, and blocks from newer versions will not display correctly in older versions

Alternatively, you can watch this video https://youtu.be/o7QQcW2MOQ0

Is the version today 1.16.5 or 1.16.4?

🔐 Topic locked.

Please do not reply on threads that have been inactive for over a month.

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png