Issue with item frames despawning

SniperThrillaYT

Question

Hello, I use custom map art in my server and I have a major issue. Whenever the server hibernates, all of the item frames despawn. If anyone could help me out that would be great. If the worlds has anything to do with it, I also use multiverse.

Thanks in advance,
SniperThrilla.

6 answers to this question

19 hours ago, SniperThrillaYT said:

Sure thing! I have back to the roots PvP, Tebex, Essentialsx, Essentials Chat, Holographic Displays, Holographic Extension, InventoryFull+, Item Editor, Luck Perms, Multiverse, OpenInv, Protocol Lib, Shopkeepers, Skript, Skellett, skQuery, SkRayFall, skript-holo, skript-logs, Tablisknu, Ultimate Fishing, Vault, World Edit and World Guard. Anything in there that would be causing this?

I really appreciate the help!

-SniperThrilla

Hey!

Thanks so much, from a quick google search I found this article. I believe this is an issue with WorldGuard. A solution I found on the internet was to use the command /rg flag <regionname> entity-item-frame-destroy deny and /rg setpriority <regionname> 10000 in a region. 

If this doesn't work, make sure to ask again. If you'd like, you can get quicker assistance via our discord here.

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png

Check if you have any scripts or plugins that clears entities as sometimes these also clear item frames.

Founder - Minehut.xyz

The leading Minehut support website. We aim to provide top quality tutorials, provide answers to top questions, and help in any way we can. Our site is community driven, and we will continue to make it better and better.

Support | 28/08/20 -13/09/20

Senior Support | 13/09/20 - 19/10/20

forums.gif.5d3db2db4a05c9465b84fa9bf0293df4.gif

17 hours ago, Minehut said:

Check if you have any scripts or plugins that clears entities as sometimes these also clear item frames.

I do not have any skripts or plugins to deliberately kill any entities. I don't think this could be the issue unless plugins such as EssentialsX kill entities, in which case I am totally unaware of. Could there be any other causes of entities being killed? These killings are often associated with a bit of a lag-spike. I have some peaceful mobs with no AI and they dont despawn, but my hostile mobs with No AI do (maybe that helps someone realise what is causing this?), and as stated in the title of my query, itemframes do too.

Thank you to anyone willing to lend me a hand, it means a lot

-SniperThrillaYT

Hey,

Would you be able to provide a list of your plugins so we can pin-point the issue?

• Like 1

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png

2 hours ago, Migins said:

Hey,

Would you be able to provide a list of your plugins so we can pin-point the issue?

Sure thing! I have back to the roots PvP, Tebex, Essentialsx, Essentials Chat, Holographic Displays, Holographic Extension, InventoryFull+, Item Editor, Luck Perms, Multiverse, OpenInv, Protocol Lib, Shopkeepers, Skript, Skellett, skQuery, SkRayFall, skript-holo, skript-logs, Tablisknu, Ultimate Fishing, Vault, World Edit and World Guard. Anything in there that would be causing this?

I really appreciate the help!

-SniperThrilla

On 7/23/2020 at 4:43 PM, Migins said:

Hey!

Thanks so much, from a quick google search I found this article. I believe this is an issue with WorldGuard. A solution I found on the internet was to use the command /rg flag <regionname> entity-item-frame-destroy deny and /rg setpriority <regionname> 10000 in a region. 

If this doesn't work, make sure to ask again. If you'd like, you can get quicker assistance via our discord here.

After a few days of testing, it seems to work perfectly. Thanks so much for your help, it was really appreciated!

• Like 1