I renamed my level name, and now my world lost all its progress

Geography213

Today I renamed the level for my server because I thought it would be fun, but instead after I joined the server, all my progress is gone, and it was a different map. I looked into the file manager and it has the files for both the old world name and the new one like this:  <old world name>_nether, <old world name>_end, <old world name>, <new world name>_nether, <new world name>_end, <new world name>. If I delete the new world name server files will I get the progress back? If I rename the server back to the old world name will I get the progress back?

Unfortunately no.

I came across this same thing a few years ago and it is a big problem, especially for new players. I've suggested it in the meta discord and it's definitely something that should be changed. 

You most likely won't be able to get your world back. Sorry about that.

I exist 👀

2017116754_Screenshot(570).png.53f79c07d815582c1f0c4d5e5760f428.png

826961329_Screenshot(726).png.b1bc8a533ec416adf7f48c55de441ab9.png

Hold up, I came across this problem a few months ago. My world was named "world," but I wanted to test it, so I changed it to "World." My whole world was reset and new "World" files generated in the file manager. After a lot of confusion, I eventually changed the name back to "world" and deleted the new "World" files (keeping the original files), and it gave me my world back.

• Thanks 2

• 1 year later...
On 6/26/2020 at 9:23 PM, Jonone242 said:

Hold up, I came across this problem a few months ago. My world was named "world," but I wanted to test it, so I changed it to "World." My whole world was reset and new "World" files generated in the file manager. After a lot of confusion, I eventually changed the name back to "world" and deleted the new "World" files (keeping the original files), and it gave me my world back.

THANKS!

3 hours ago, fill3 said:

THANKS!

Please don't reply to posts that haven't been responded to in over a month. I would be locking this thread now, you can start a new thread in case you need some help. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Lapzzo said:

Hey, please dont respond to posts that havent been interacted in for a month. This is considered necroposting and is highly against minehut rules.

Also, please don't reply posts just to say don't necropost. You may just report it to us so we can handle it! 😄 

200.gif.19df7170946e7fd798cba372080b8d15.gif