Kristall Staff Application|| mybeary

mybeary

PERSONAL QUESTIONS:

1) What is your IGN?

mybeary

2) What is your discord + tag (e.g Chilkins#0001)

mybeary#1414

3) How old are you?

4) Whats is your timezone? (e.g GMT+1)

PST

5) What makes you different from other applicants?

What makes me different from other applicants is by applying to become a staff member, I understand that my job as a staff member comes first before anything else while I am on the server. Whether it be kills, killstreak, or anything which pertains to the game, none of that matters when there is an issue which requires moderation assistance. I fully understand this concept; I've dedicated my spare time to moderating Minehut servers for about two years now, and by now the general concepts of staff moderation sit snugly within a certain mindset while I play the game; the same watchful, yet competitive mindset I partake when playing PvP servers such as this.

While I may appear to be flamboyant in my behavior, note that I do intend to take my job seriously, and I can just as easily make the snap-second decision to dictate and moderate with maturity and logical reasoning. With such snap-second decisions however, one may assume that I might make a rash decision because of this sudden shift; however, just because I make a shift in mindset quickly does not mean I have to make a decision as fast as I make the shift. As I said, I do dictate my own actions with logical reasoning, and if something looks as if I may need more information, I will do whatever I could to get that information to properly justify my actions.

In addition, I am somewhat versed in Skript, and whenever I am challenged to make something using Skript, I find it with great joy that whatever concepts I have learned and invented would be expanded upon with every project I do. I can assist with whatever the server may need, whether it be features within the server or small, utility commands.

SERVER RELATED QUESTIONS:

5)  How much time have you put into the server?

At the very least, I would like to say that I have placed at least eight hours' worth of effort into the server and analyzing the grind of the server.

I have around a 1.47 KD, and I have worked to try to analyze the overall balance of the game, as the game relies on RNG and a linear upgrade system in order to define its type of grind.

6) What made you want to apply?

Honestly, I think I kinda speak for… a good majority of the server when I begin this section.

The staff team is in a bad place. Yeah. That's how I'm going to start it off, with something as awful as this. I'm fully aware that this will jeopardize my chances at becoming staff, but allow me to explain my viewpoint, and how each of them can improve.

One of the aspects of the staff team which I find to be lacking is the seemingly absence of screenshares and the reaction to any appeals made on the server. 

Now, note that this is a complaint which stemmed from my first day on the server, when I was false banned on the server, and wanted to appeal. Following the directions, I filled out an appeal, and even offered to screenshare to three staff members, including the one who'd banned me. Not one person returned a response of any kind, and when I hopped on an alt to try to ask a staff member online on what was happening, he told me that the owner, the one who banned me in the first place, handles the ban appeals. 

This then raised the question for me, if the owner handles the ban appeals, why include in the instructions to DM a Moderator your appeal when I'd just been told that the owner handles the appeals? Now, this wasn't enough to trigger a complaint right off the bat, but this lack of a response is certainly concerning.

How can we fix this specific issue? There's the obvious solution, that you should check to see if they're being blatant with their hacks, and if they're not being blatant, then you should screenshare them, but an individual's sense of blatancy is often variable across every individual; therefore, we should take each situation, if it isn't blatant movement hacks or deliberately scaled combat hacks, with a thorough screenshare. If a staff member cannot see the first time that a player is cheating, and they remain suspicious throughout each of their fights, the person would then have to be expected to screenshare. Multiple staff members may accompany to help the screenshare.

In addition, I would like to suggest some tools that staff may use during their screenshares, because I have noticed that during their screenshares, it is of bare bones quality. I've observed staff members check only the versions and the mods folder of each individual, as well as the default Minecraft client, but I fail to observe them check the latest logs of their sessions, or use a third party application to assist them during screenshares. Here is a brief list of the applications that I use, as well as an application that I would suggest for members who intend to take moderation seriously.

AnyDesk

At this point, screenshares are then made redundant, because AnyDesk allows you to directly access a user's screen and do whatever the heck you need to check on there, such as potential keybind settings, running applications, and the such. AnyDesk is a powerful tool to use during screenshares, but it is wholly dependent on how good a user is at screenshares, and how reliable they are at doing so.

Process Hacker 2

Here, a user may filter and check for any last run applications. The user does need to know what they need to filter for though.

Last Activity Viewer

Same as Process Hacker 2, but the user just sees the last run applications in a large list. Not exactly user friendly either.

Paladin

Scans all of a player's clients for any potential hacks, and can catch ghost clients. Can detect Vape V3.

Does cost money though.

Another point I'd like to bring up is the activity of the staff; I understand that the staff are doing their best, and that they do have lives outside of moderation, but there are dark zones where there are absolutely no staff online and no staff can come to help. 

The obvious answer would be to hire more staff, to get more moderators and helpers to help with the chaos, but in the case that this method does not appeal to you, there are apps an individual may download on their phone in order to connect to Minehut and send commands to the ingame server; Minechat is an excellent application for this.

Then, the question is raised once more, am I done with my rant? Am I done complaining about how the staff team is run? Yeah, I am. Now why the heck did I apply?

I've noticed the… sheer lack of staff on the server, as currently the server has a small set of staff, and with a large playerbase to boot. People could say at this point to get a bloody anticheat, but given with how laggy the server is at times, people could get false banned from the anticheat. I'll offer my services then, for the protection and good will of the players on this server, and for the general improvement of the server itself.

7) Do you have any further relationships with staff members?

I currently do not have any relations with any staff members, though Meezn had talked to me before regarding an issue on the server FlagClash; the issue has since been resolved long before.

😎 Do you have any prior staff experience?

Here is a brief list of the servers that I have worked for, along with a brief description of what each server provides and what I did on each server.

LavaS

Dormant Administrator
[Junior Mod - Moderator - Administrator]

Time Worked For : 7 Months - Paused due to server death

LavaS is a sandbox semi-anarchy lava survival server, with upgradable item generators to assist the player as they raid bases and climb the ranks within their clans. Players may purchase items using their own levels, or store them in the clan bank for added clan benefits.

While I was staff on LavaS, I moderated the server with a certain caution in every one of my actions, as LavaS was the first server I was staff on. I was equipped at the time with oneWhen I became administrator, I also had the opportunity to handle staff applications, which at the time I was terrible at, and tried to take the opportunity to learn from the owner and how he handled staff applications, in order to incorporate his considerations into my current application judgements.

FlagClash

Administrator
[Junior Mod - Moderator - Head Moderator - Administrator]
Time Worked For : 7 Months

FlagClash is a sandbox hybrid of Bedwars and Idler-based servers where the player has to protect their flag from other players while raiding other people. Players may buy items using gold they have accumulated, and unlock special charms which provides them with a special passive boost in combat.

Currently, I help with the backend development alongside the owner, working to bring the next season of FlagClash in a new and innovative way. I also manage the staff applications currently, and am also responsible for moderating the server, making sure that the server is enjoyable for many other players. The only thing holding the server back is the excess amount of lag, which has since appeared when Season 4 released.

Bedr0ckPvP

Dormant Administrator

[Moderator - Administrator]

Time Worked For : 4 Months - Paused due to server death

Bedr0ckPvP is a bedrock box GenPvP server which features empowered weapons for the players to grind for. Bedr0ckPvP was inspired by servers which follow a Deathbox server style theme, which features PvP within a bedr0ck box

While I was staff on Bedr0ckPvP, I helped to forge and redefine the rules of the server, which had resulted in my instant promotion from a moderator to an admin. I had also been able to manage staff applications alongside the other administrators, and I worked to keep Bedr0ckPvP as enjoyable as it could be, despite how much I disliked genpvp servers at the time.

Groundmine

Previous Developer

[Developer]

Time Worked For : 1 Month - Left due to server inactivity and death.

Groundmine had been a GenPvP server which featured a linear upgrade system, which is typical of GenPvP servers nowadays. The server faced some abuse from the owner, and some immaturity from some staff.

As a developer, the only thing I really did for the server was to skript a banking skript for the resources the players had collected, providing an infinite storage for those resources. Players were able to bulk withdraw or deposit resources, and were able to prestige their rank from their XP levels, which they could also store.

MaddPvP

Previous Manager

[Head Admin - Manager]

Time Worked For : 1 Month - Purged from staff team due to repeated staff betrayals, full staff wipe.

MaddPvP had been a KitPvP server which featured kits which increased linearly in power as players moved up the ranks, placing a paywall behind each rank. The server is known for massive drama within the staff team, and frequent staff purges to reset the staff. 

As a manager, I however did not have permission to manage the staff apps, so I had just managed the staff team, paying attention to what they said or did, and how it coincided with the rules as described. I also took it upon my own responsibility to bring up a point to promote staff members for logical reasonings in addition to activity, rather than just activity, in order to prevent future griefings.

TwicePvP

Previous Developer

[Developer]

Time Worked For : Two Weeks - Became inactive due to disagreements between owner and myself, felt overly oppressed by his demands. Left as a result.

TwicePvP had been a KitPvP server which featured kits whose power scaled linearly as the ranks got higher, becoming available once players accumulated enough gold to purchase their way into the next rank.

As a Developer, I had created each individual kit myself, the entire GUI which TwicePvP was based on, and the gold-upon-kill system for the owner. If I had wanted to, I could have said that I made TwicePvp all by myself, had the owner not placed in a ton of plugins which rendered some of my skript to be useless.

OnTheVoid

Previous Developer

[Developer]

Time Worked For : Three Weeks - Server died, left as a result.

OnTheVoid is a sandbox semi-anarchy void survival featuring upgradable generators to help the player gather resources. Currently, it has made a comeback, with a small content update.

As a developer for OnTheVoid, I designed the upgrade GUI for each of the item generators, as well as the staff core of the server. I also took it upon my own duties to moderate the server, since the staff were too busy with their own progress to moderate the server.

What I offered each of these servers as a whole was not just the feeling that they had another set of eyes to help the server become a fair and enjoyable environment, but also a disciplined and calm individual who can act at a moment’s notice, and would be ready for anything headed their way. Not only did I provide moderation to simply keep the server as clean as it could be according to their rules, but I helped to address key points which would improve the quality of life for not only players, but also staff as well.

I would like to address that I have had a year of moderation as far as staffing on Minehut-hosted servers are concerned, and that I hope to bring my expertise to the table.

I would like to remind you that in addition to gaining an additional set of observative eyes, you are also obtaining a set of competitive eyes, as I place myself in the player’s point of view, never to hold myself as higher than any of the other players just because I have a rank. Just because I hold a rank with power doesn’t mean that I’m automatically better - it just means that I dedicate my time to make sure that a server remains fair and enjoyable for everyone that plays.

SCENARIOS:

9) Someone's reported for hacking but you aren't sure on spectating them, what do you do?

I will most nearly opt to do the following things if I cannot determine the report to be true:

Go on an alternate account:

As clients like Badlion and Lunar can currently see staff when the staff are vanished, it serves me no good to remain in vanish when I know that they could potentially see me. Going on an alt account allows my staff status to completely vanish and to place the hacker in a scenario where they are now aware that staff are no longer watching them.

Record:

From there, I would start recording my gameplay, and, in cases where staff would like to judge from a player's viewpoint, would livestream in a staff channel. Should I find that the reported player acts up according to the report, I would then save the video, and move on to the next step.

Screenshare:

With my evidence in hand, I would contact the reported person and I would displace them from the battle, placing them in an area where they may not move out of without modifications of any sort. A freeze command would be helpful, and I would be willing to skript a freeze command if it is needed. From there, I would offer them the option to admit, or to screenshare, with the reminder that if they leave during this time for any reason, they will be banned. During the screenshare, I would then show the recorded video to the staff, and then proceed the screenshare process.

If I cannot determine any hacks from the present time, the user would be excused from the current session; however, this does not exempt them from any future screenshares. 

10) Say you catch another staff member abusing their perks, what would you do?

Typically if a staff acts up, I would attempt to gather as much evidence as I need from that occasion alone, and send it over to the management section of the staff team to try and figure it out.

11) A spam bots come onto the server, how would you deal with them?

If spam bots do come onto the server, I would attempt to mute the chat first, and to ban the bots from the server. This is a straightforward yet tedious method to deal with spam bots, but it is brutally effective. I would then suggest a whitelist of the server to protect against any new bots, but given that lag from Minehut can kick players, I'd rather just design a skript to kick any player that has not played on the server before with the reason that they were recently bot attacked, and they could join back in 15 minutes. With this skript, players who have played before can still join even when this player filter is up.

12) Someone's not abiding by the chat rules, how would you punish them?

If someone is not abiding by the chat rules, a verbal warning would be issued to them if the offense is not major; otherwise, a mute would need to be issued immediately. If there are multiple people not abiding by the chat rules, a singular verbal warning should suffice for all of them, and any offenses thereafter, no matter if the player was involved in the first wave or not, would be responded with a mute.

13) People are verbally abusing you in chat, how would you deal with that?

I really don't give a damn if people abuse me in chat. People choose to abuse me, I attempt to diffuse the situation by choosing to joke with their abuse.

Simples.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

With that, I will be available around the hours of 3 PM - 7 PM PST, and my DMs are open anytime for any questions or concerns.

Please do inform me of the results of the judgement of this application, when judgement has been made, and the expected waiting time has passed. I've heard that people do not hear back at all when they are denied. I do hope that this rumor isn't true at all, and that the staff team prove themselves to be above the rumor.

Edited by mybeary

mybeary#8955

Thanks for applying, as you know we do lack in the amount of staff we would preferably like to have at the moment. It's always a challenge in trying to get the best staff team but I believe this is a very mature and competent staff team. We will be working on the organisation of it but as you know like every thing newly formed it takes time to gell together.

Your application was strong so we have decided to ACCEPT the application, for further information please check your discord where you will be updated on the next stage of the application process.

𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖘

VhxEDBl.png.529878f2f7856fdae0d911cde8ce12d1.png
Server Rules  Staff Applications  News & Updates
Reports  Appeals

Retired Moderator (June 30th 2020 - May 17th 2021)