I can't log onto my Minehut server.

sialboat

Question

I'm not so sure whether there are more people that have encountered the same issue as I have, but I am here to ask for some help because I cannot figure out why my Minehut server has all of a sudden stopped working.

Bear in mind, no plugins. Up to today, we spent no money on increasing the capacity of the server because we didn't feel the need to invest money on something that was free and serving us justice

Whenever I start my server, I am successful in joining my world. The problem is that only one chunk (the chunk that I am currently standing in) successfully loads, and all the other chunks don't fully load in. When I try to type in a command (e.g. /dl world world // /give <username> <idk a debug stick>, the server fails to give me a debug stick. After a few seconds of existing on my server, it kicks me out, with a message that says Timed out, or that the server that I was previously on went down.

Here is a pastebin to the server's latest crash log

Here is a pastebin to the server's latest.log file

Here is a video of me walking through my process of logging onto the minecraft server.

We think this may be something that could be done to solve this problem, but there is no way to edit spigot.yml in "FILE MANAGER": If you see a world save or edit, then it means you did far more than your server can handle at once
If this is the case, consider increasing timeout-time in spigot.yml but note that this will replace the crash with LARGE lag spikes

As of May 2nd, 2020, this is the fourth day that me and our friends have gone without being able to log into the server, after having none of these issues even coming up beforehand, despite not paying for anything over the course of our stay at Minehut.

Some of the things we tried to do:

Remove all of the data inside of op.json and whitelist.json

Ventured to the Danger Zone and repaired files (multiple times)

Voted for credits to spend on the Daily Plan, but nothing ended up changing; didn't work.

I created a Minehut server to build a bunch of cool stuff in, because one of my friends recommended this server hosting platform because he had a server previously on it before. This was before Minehut decided to change their server plans, which may be the reason why I'm a bit stressed with their platform right now. When minehut released their revised server plans, which left a few Minehut users butthurt about the reduced plugins. Me and my group of friends was not aware of the server changes until now, but this could be the factor that may explain why we can't log onto the server. We were 100% capable of logging onto the server before the server plans came into play, and we did not spend a single penny on the server, and didn't install any plugins (minus preinstalled ones, if there are any preinstalled plugins). Now, we load in the world, and can't do anything until the server kicks us out, and instantly hibernates the server.

If anyone has a productive idea that we can do, please, by all means, let us know. Thanks for reading my forum post.

Edited by sialboat

4 answers to this question

This is seemingly becoming a very large issue. I have seen many members encountering this issue so some sort of update would be nice @Trent.

For now, the best way to fix issues such as these is to contact support here. Be mindful that they make take over a week to respond.

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png

As @Migqy said, this is a very large issue that Minehut has. If you are impatient for support to contact, you can save your configs and/or skripts, and do /dl world, and download your world, then reset your server, download the plugins, upload your world by doing /ul world (world download) and paste in your configs.