Er-Coma

Basically yesterday i was playing on a minehut server with a friend, i looted a dungeon, then a minute later the server crashed.

when i logged back a few hours later i found in my inventory the thing that i stole from the dungeon and also the same stuff in the dungeon chest, basically the server had a rollback of a few min, not sure about the time.

this could lead to a potential dupe, idk if the rollback was caused by a particular crash or if a rollback happens at every crash, but yeah, this can be exploited on many ways, duping is prob the main one.

Edited by Er-Coma

On 5/7/2022 at 11:14 PM, Er-Coma said:

Basically yesterday i was playing on a minehut server with a friend, i looted a dungeon, then a minute later the server crashed.

when i logged back a few hours later i found in my inventory the thing that i stole from the dungeon and also the same stuff in the dungeon chest, basically the server had a rollback of a few min, not sure about the time.

this could lead to a potential dupe, idk if the rollback was caused by a particular crash or if a rollback happens at every crash, but yeah, this can be exploited on many ways, duping is prob the main one.

If the server is rolled back to it's latest save, then i dont see how you could dupe items.

image.png.bc433d6489d70ad831075fe76809b993.png

Lifestealed | Minecraft Servers

OG [VIP] 12/26/20 - 10/27/2021
OG [PRO] 12/27/21 - 11/18/2022
OG [LEGEND] 11/18/2022 - 3/14/2023
[DEFAULT] 3/14/2023 - Present

9 hours ago, AgentGamerPro said:

If the server is rolled back to it's latest save, then i dont see how you could dupe items.

Possibly, the chunk with the dungeon got corrupted and regenerated the same loot. This seems improbable to me and I don’t know what happened. 

Owner of oldgaffle.minehut.gg. (my paintball server)

Owner of karted.minehut.gg. (my mario kart server)

Advocate of individual freedom, especially freedom of speech.

Cooler than Stalemate128.

On 5/11/2022 at 4:53 AM, AgentGamerPro said:

yeah ik that, but it looks like the player data didn't rollback, and the items literally duped so there is a dupe.

as i said in the post before the crash i looted the dungeon and took a nametag and a gold ingot, when the server crashed a rollback happened but the playerdata didnt rollback, this is a very coomon dupe, it have been used on hypixel and a ton of other server.

idk if its just a bug and usually the rollback also rollback the player data, but that time it didn't.

Edit: i was looking at the minehut subreddit and i found this post where he conferm the rollback dupe.

Edited by Er-Coma

On 5/11/2022 at 2:20 PM, Checkmate128 said:

Possibly, the chunk with the dungeon got corrupted and regenerated the same loot. This seems improbable to me and I don’t know what happened. 

as you said thats really improbable, also because if i'm not wrong the wole world rolled back and thats normal, the interesting fact is that the player data didn't reset, idk if that is normal or if its caused by a bug