Griefing on Unlisted Server?

CreeperF

My server which has been OFF and not running for months got griefed?? I logged back on after maybe 2 months and it had been put to a previous state (meaning we were missing dozens of buildings we had built) and was completely griefed. I am so confused how this could have happened because the server was down for so long. It is also an unlisted server. I don't understand how this happened 

😧 Griefers

People can still start up servers with /join, someone probably found the server name, joined the server, and griefed it.

Next time whitelist your server when it’s going to be down again.

vip2kea

Playing Minehut since January 8th, 2018

Became a Pro on February 20th, 3029

Owner of SurvioPC

Owner of ArenaGames

• 8 months later...

My server which is unlisted and private was griefed by someone whose username is "ghsx". They held this rocket looking thing and it left behind a trail of what would look like TNT explosions except instant. Since my computer is very slow and laggy they went on for about 5 minutes as I tried to ban them. I eventually did but not after destroying hours of work from multiple players. The original game mode someone is set to is creative because it's more of building server but I now set it to survival and opped those who I trusted and who had been building on the sever. I don't know if there is anyway to get back what was lost or to prevent something like this from happening again.

• Rufen locked this topic