Server Advice Needed.

Hi Minehut Forums,
Long time no see. Recently I released a server. Though it is a skymining server, I strongly believe it is heads and shoulders above the majority of skymining servers on Minehut (in terms of gameplay, aesthetics, builds, etc), so I, and a couple of community members are baffled as the server is failing to attract new players, despite these "worse" skymine servers constantly having playercounts which tower ours.

I've come to the forums today to request constructive feedback on how to improve my server and attract new players. These are the details:

IP: perths.minehut.gg
Please reply down below with feedback/DM me on Discord at Fr3ddy J0N3S#1282

Thanks for reading, and thanks again if you decide to give me some feedback.
Chickhenry

• Like 1

Hi I'm Henry, owner of multiple unsuccessful servers

Advertising it more? Welcome your players to make them feel like you care (If you are not doing it). And also, how long has the server been up for? If it's under a month or so, don't complain as growing isn't instant. It takes time. I know a server called "SkyMiningF" and I do believe it can be botted as when I join, I don't see "50" players. It also have really inactive chat. It is just a bad server in general and I don't know how they got up that far. Just have some patient and wait for it. It will eventually grow if you keep putting in the effort. 

• Thanks 1

Owner of play.hiveminez.net

⊱------------------------------⊰

Joined Minehut on 1/28/2021 (Same day I got Minecraft)

[VIP] - 3/14/2021

[LEGEND] - 5/27/2021

⊱------------------------------⊰

Discord - NotKaizo#0001

In-game name - iKaizo_

If you need any help, feel free to contact me.

12 hours ago, NotKaizo31 said:

Advertising it more? Welcome your players to make them feel like you care (If you are not doing it). And also, how long has the server been up for? If it's under a month or so, don't complain as growing isn't instant. It takes time. I know a server called "SkyMiningF" and I do believe it can be botted as when I join, I don't see "50" players. It also have really inactive chat. It is just a bad server in general and I don't know how they got up that far. Just have some patient and wait for it. It will eventually grow if you keep putting in the effort. 

Thanks for the advice! Though my staff members, community members and I constantly advertise we can never compete with larger servers as their members tend to flood chat with advertisements. The server's been up for ~2+ months which is why I'm slightly concerned, but I'll take your advice. 

17 hours ago, Chickhenry said:

Hi Minehut Forums,
Long time no see. Recently I released a server. Though it is a skymining server, I strongly believe it is heads and shoulders above the majority of skymining servers on Minehut (in terms of gameplay, aesthetics, builds, etc), so I, and a couple of community members are baffled as the server is failing to attract new players, despite these "worse" skymine servers constantly having playercounts which tower ours.

I've come to the forums today to request constructive feedback on how to improve my server and attract new players. These are the details:

IP: perths.minehut.gg
Please reply down below with feedback/DM me on Discord at Fr3ddy J0N3S#1282

Thanks for reading, and thanks again if you decide to give me some feedback.
Chickhenry

Hello. CoolProgrammer here.
Here are several crucial factors essential for your server to enlarge players or popularity, and I additionally assume that you might greatly disagree with some of these.

Firstly, the server design. Approximately 90% of the players are steadily looking to have fun alone or with their friends, players, etc. They do not care about how your server looks or the design excellence. It's tactful not to contribute much time to the server design and preferably spend time on the extra significant factors to expand your server. But, compromising the design quality doesn't mean that you make your server design tremendously crap. Try to keep it clean and straightforward, soft on the eyes.

Secondly, p2w (pay-to-win). I do not advocate making your server p2w; nevertheless, this might help your server in many dimensions. P2w will benefit you by embracing advertising costs, permitting your server to equip a good plan, host giveaways, hand payouts, etc.

Additionally, the prevailing trend. Adhering to the current trend on Minehut makes your job even more accessible. As you said, you own a sky mining server; try touring the most famous sky mining servers around Minehut. If you find none, it's an excellent opportunity to move on with the current Minehut trend (gen servers).

Moreover, giveaways, events, and payouts. Hosting giveaways and events frequently does attract players to your server. On top of that, payouts have a heavy influence. Payouts give birth to a severe competition between players, which maintains the player count and size of the community.

To summarize, keep it stupid & straightforward. Have you reviewed the top servers on Minehut? What do you think about them? Are they enticing? Are they doing something out of the box? Are they hard to catch? All you have to do is join, browse a few holograms at spawn and start immediately. Make your server exciting & straightforward to play on, grindy in other words, which encourages players to AFK.

Regrettably, I can't discuss other miscellaneous factors right now, but I'd be jovial if you could profoundly think over the points I've reached above. I hope this stupid post helps you in some way or the other.

Thanks, and have a great day.

• Thanks 1

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

4 minutes ago, CoolProgrammer said:

Hello. CoolProgrammer here.
Here are several crucial factors essential for your server to enlarge players or popularity, and I additionally assume that you might greatly disagree with some of these.

Firstly, the server design. Approximately 90% of the players are steadily looking to have fun alone or with their friends, players, etc. They do not care about how your server looks or the design excellence. It's tactful not to contribute much time to the server design and preferably spend time on the extra significant factors to expand your server. But, compromising the design quality doesn't mean that you make your server design tremendously crap. Try to keep it clean and straightforward, soft on the eyes.

Secondly, p2w (pay-to-win). I do not advocate making your server p2w; nevertheless, this might help your server in many dimensions. P2w will benefit you by embracing advertising costs, permitting your server to equip a good plan, host giveaways, hand payouts, etc.

Additionally, the prevailing trend. Adhering to the current trend on Minehut makes your job even more accessible. As you said, you own a sky mining server; try touring the most famous sky mining servers around Minehut. If you find none, it's an excellent opportunity to move on with the current Minehut trend (gen servers).

Moreover, giveaways, events, and payouts. Hosting giveaways and events frequently does attract players to your server. On top of that, payouts have a heavy influence. Payouts give birth to a severe competition between players, which maintains the player count and size of the community.

To summarize, keep it stupid & straightforward. Have you reviewed the top servers on Minehut? What do you think about them? Are they enticing? Are they doing something out of the box? Are they hard to catch? All you have to do is join, browse a few holograms at spawn and start immediately. Make your server exciting & straightforward to play on, grindy in other words, which encourages players to AFK.

Regrettably, I can't discuss other miscellaneous factors right now, but I'd be jovial if you could profoundly think over the points I've reached above. I hope this stupid post helps you in some way or the other.

Thanks, and have a great day.

Thanks for the advice, I found this very helpful! From one robot to another, I hope you have a good day 😛

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chickhenry said:

Thanks for the advice, I found this very helpful! From one robot to another, I hope you have a good day 😛

>:O HUMAN*!!!!!!!!! Anyways lol I'm glad, thanks.

• Like 1

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.