Hostile Mobs won't spawn in the nether.

renee26

Question

On my multiplayer server ghasts, wither skeletons, blazes (even with a spawner) will not spawn in the nether on any difficulty, and gamerule doMobSpawn is set to true. With spawn eggs the mobs appear and disappear immediately. Not sure what to do about this.

2 answers to this question

Not sure why this could be happening but I have a few things you could try.

1. Up your render distance in Server Settings or in your Settings tab in-game for you. If these haven't been tampered with by you or are on their default states, don't worry about it.

2. If you have nothing important built in the nether, delete the world File Manager Click the trash can Icon > Delete Nether world > Restart your server

If neither work, a plugin could be causing your issue. What plugins do you have installed?

rose city STICKER

RosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaR

i code, animate, develop, UI design, learn, and adapt, as well as make servers, of course

💐Joined Minehut sometime in 2014
💐VIP sometime in 2018
💐Legend in January 2021
💐Helper on 4/11/2021
💐♥ (Retired) on 5/17/2021
💐 Moderator on 8/18/2023

14 hours ago, rosathorn said:

Not sure why this could be happening but I have a few things you could try.

1. Up your render distance in Server Settings or in your Settings tab in-game for you. If these haven't been tampered with by you or are on their default states, don't worry about it.

2. If you have nothing important built in the nether, delete the world File Manager Click the trash can Icon > Delete Nether world > Restart your server

If neither work, a plugin could be causing your issue. What plugins do you have installed?

Thanks for the help, deleting the nether world and restarting the server worked, everything is spawning now! 

• Like 1