Could not connect to a default or fallback server.

seangan

Question

So basically my friends server has been just not working at all. When we start up the server and we join just the whole world is missing, just a blank space or we join and only around 10 blocks around us spawn and if we go further we just fall into the void. Then after around 30 seconds it just kicks us with the message, Could not connect to a default or fallback server. And after this message we aren't able to rejoin until we restart the server just for the same thing to happen over and over. This has been going on for 3 days and we don't want to create a new server as we have so much in this server such as gigantic builds. Someone please help.

11 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Orbital said:

I'm not too sure if this would be related due to me staying up till 12am trying to fix this. BanditEagle, I have a possibly corrupted server and could I possibly send the logs and things to you so you could find the cause of it all? 

Sorry if this doesn't relate I am extremely tired rn.

You can paste the logs into http://pastebin.com/ and send it here as a reply so not only me but other members and staff can help you sort it out too. But yes you should absolutely send the logs so the root cause can be found. If you need help finding and accessing the logs, check out my guide below.

If I have helped you out in your post or you liked what I posted, please upvote and react to my post! It helps me a lot!

Some Minehut Links:

Server Rules • Staff Applications • News & Updates • Reports • Appeals

Minehut: VIP (07/04/2021 --> Current)
Elestra/Versa Realms: Manager (12/04/2021 --> Current)

If you have any questions contact me!
My Discord: BanditEagle#2481
My Spigot Profile: https://www.spigotmc.org/members/banditeagle.935281/
My IGN: BanditEagle

6 minutes ago, seangan said:

So basically my friends server has been just not working at all. When we start up the server and we join just the whole world is missing, just a blank space or we join and only around 10 blocks around us spawn and if we go further we just fall into the void. Then after around 30 seconds it just kicks us with the message, Could not connect to a default or fallback server. And after this message we aren't able to rejoin until we restart the server just for the same thing to happen over and over. This has been going on for 3 days and we don't want to create a new server as we have so much in this server such as gigantic builds. Someone please help.

It seems as if the world file might have corrupted. I suggest checking your log files and seeing what issues there might be, and if you are unsure how to read logs, you should send the logs to us in a pastebin.com so it will be easier to look at. If you need help on how to access your logs, I suggest checking out my guide on it here.

If I have helped you out in your post or you liked what I posted, please upvote and react to my post! It helps me a lot!

Some Minehut Links:

44 minutes ago, BanditEagle said:

It seems as if the world file might have corrupted. I suggest checking your log files and seeing what issues there might be, and if you are unsure how to read logs, you should send the logs to us in a pastebin.com so it will be easier to look at. If you need help on how to access your logs, I suggest checking out my guide on it here.

Thanks will do so, so do i just paste the logs here?

Edited by seangan

4 hours ago, BanditEagle said:

Edited by seangan

43 minutes ago, seangan said:

uhh..? you don't have a message here...

Did it work out or were you able to find a root cause of the issue?

Some Minehut Links:

I'm not too sure if this would be related due to me staying up till 12am trying to fix this. BanditEagle, I have a possibly corrupted server and could I possibly send the logs and things to you so you could find the cause of it all? 

Sorry if this doesn't relate I am extremely tired rn.

Edited by Orbital

7 minutes ago, BanditEagle said:

You can paste the logs into http://pastebin.com/ and send it here as a reply so not only me but other members and staff can help you sort it out too. But yes you should absolutely send the logs so the root cause can be found. If you need help finding and accessing the logs, check out my guide below.

Sorry didn't quote you. New user, sorry!

Ek5sbECB.txt

13 minutes ago, Orbital said:

Sorry didn't quote you. New user, sorry!

Ek5sbECB.txt 119.39 kB · 0 downloads

The issue seems to have started when the server tried to load in PlayerServer. Can you look inside plugins/PlayerServer and tell me what is inside?

Some Minehut Links:

7 hours ago, BanditEagle said:

The issue seems to have started when the server tried to load in PlayerServer. Can you look inside plugins/PlayerServer and tell me what is inside?

I have Quality Armour and world edit in my plugins folder. I'm not sure where PlayerServer came from, but it just has a config.yml that I can't open. Should I delete it or something else?