hi

halaayman

7 minutes ago, halaayman said:

hi , i am new , i want people to say hello and welcome to me 😄

thats all , im just new 

Welcome to the Minehut community!!

If I have helped you out in your post or you liked what I posted, please upvote and react to my post! It helps me a lot!

Some Minehut Links:

Server Rules • Staff Applications • News & Updates • Reports • Appeals

Minehut: VIP (07/04/2021 --> Current)
Elestra/Versa Realms: Manager (12/04/2021 --> Current)

If you have any questions contact me!
My Discord: BanditEagle#2481
My Spigot Profile: https://www.spigotmc.org/members/banditeagle.935281/
My IGN: BanditEagle

11 minutes ago, BanditEagle said:

Welcome to the Minehut community!!

thanks , also i cant join my server i correctly typed in my ip and its online , why cant i join my server? its online and when i try joining it , it shows me error: Unknown Host

1 minute ago, halaayman said:

thanks , also i cant join my server i correctly typed in my ip and its online , why cant i join my server? its online and when i try joining it , it shows me error: Unknown Host

What is your server name? I can try and connect and see.

Also, you should make sure you are whitelisted on the server (if whitelist is turned on) as that can stop you from joining.

If I have helped you out in your post or you liked what I posted, please upvote and react to my post! It helps me a lot!

Some Minehut Links:

1 minute ago, BanditEagle said:

What is your server name? I can try and connect and see.

Also, you should make sure you are whitelisted on the server (if whitelist is turned on) as that can stop you from joining.

Ok i joined , and i want to download my world in my server , How do i do that , /dl doesnt work so i want to download it using folders , in the server dashboard
link if u wanna know what i mean:
https://minehut.com/dashboard/appearance

Currently, to my knowledge, there is no way of downloading files and folders throught the dashboard, although I believe it is planned on being added (hopefully) soon. You can check it out on the Minehut Github.

As for the downloading of worlds, can you try doing /dl [worldname] and see if that does anything?

If you are instead thinking of uploading worlds to the server, here is my mini guide:

1) First off, make a zip containing all the files inside of the world folder. You can do this by selecting all the files and "archiving" or "zipping" all the files. Please be sure you don't name your world with any spaces.

2) Upload the world zip to a file upload website. If your world is smaller than 100mb you can use file.io, otherwise we recommend you use Dropbox.

3) Get the direct download link to the file. If you're using Dropbox you can get the share link, but you need to replace ?dl=0 with ?dl=1 at the end of the link. If you're using file.io remember that the download links can only be used once.

4) Run the following command in your server:

/ul world <worldname> <direct link>

5) Once the world is uploaded, you can teleport to it using /worlds or /world [world name].

PS: Keep in mind that If you are uploading a world, you need to make sure that the name of the world is unique in your file manager as if there are 2 different worlds with the same name it won't work. Also make sure that the file is not any larger than 500MB as that is the limit Minehut allows on worlds!

Hope this helps you!

Some Minehut Links:

3 minutes ago, BanditEagle said:

Currently, to my knowledge, there is no way of downloading files and folders throught the dashboard, although I believe it is planned on being added (hopefully) soon. You can check it out on the Minehut Github.

As for the downloading of worlds, can you try doing /dl [worldname] and see if that does anything?

If you are instead thinking of uploading worlds to the server, here is my mini guide:

1) First off, make a zip containing all the files inside of the world folder. You can do this by selecting all the files and "archiving" or "zipping" all the files. Please be sure you don't name your world with any spaces.

2) Upload the world zip to a file upload website. If your world is smaller than 100mb you can use file.io, otherwise we recommend you use Dropbox.

3) Get the direct download link to the file. If you're using Dropbox you can get the share link, but you need to replace ?dl=0 with ?dl=1 at the end of the link. If you're using file.io remember that the download links can only be used once.

5) Once the world is uploaded, you can teleport to it using /worlds or /world [world name].

PS: Keep in mind that If you are uploading a world, you need to make sure that the name of the world is unique in your file manager as if there are 2 different worlds with the same name it won't work. Also make sure that the file is not any larger than 500MB as that is the limit Minehut allows on worlds!

Hope this helps you!

I meant uploading tho lol

13 minutes ago, BanditEagle said:

Hope this helps you!

Thanks! I'll just change my seed and it will upload!

No problem! Happy to be able to help!

Some Minehut Links:

12 minutes ago, halaayman said:

Also when i try doing /ul and i put the folder name and link it says no protocool

When you upload the world file to file.io or to dropbox, you will need to upload it as a .zip file, not just a folder. Other than this, you need to make sure that all of the correct and necessary files required for a world to be registered is there and is not corrupted. 

Some Minehut Links:

6 hours ago, BanditEagle said:

When you upload the world file to file.io or to dropbox, you will need to upload it as a .zip file, not just a folder. Other than this, you need to make sure that all of the correct and necessary files required for a world to be registered is there and is not corrupted. 

Upload it as a .zip file? , I put it on drop box in a folder named remake folder 😄 , But the original file is a .zip compressed file as it needs to be a unzipped (compressed) folder , And wdym by: you will need to upload it as a zip file , How do i do that?

Edited by halaayman

Just now, halaayman said:

Upload it as a .zip file? , I put it on drop box in a folder named remake folder 😄 , But the original file is a .zip compressed file as it needs to be a unzipped (compressed) folder

You will need to upload the .zip version to dropbox and use that link for it as Minehut server automatically unzip's it but it doesn't recognize just the folder itself. If you make it a .zip and try it like that, it should work out.

Some Minehut Links:

1 hour ago, BanditEagle said:

You will need to upload the .zip version to dropbox and use that link for it as Minehut server automatically unzip's it but it doesn't recognize just the folder itself. If you make it a .zip and try it like that, it should work out.

Ohhh i get it now , So that means i have to zip the map? And use the link from dropbox? (note it has 10k files)

34 minutes ago, halaayman said:

Ohhh i get it now , So that means i have to zip the map? And use the link from dropbox? (note it has 10k files)

Essentially yes. You will need to make the outer-most folder (which will have all of the files inside) into a .zip and upload it. Keep in mind that if the .zip version passes 500MB, Minehut won't be able to upload it to the server. The max size is 500MB.

Some Minehut Links:

8 minutes ago, BanditEagle said:

Essentially yes. You will need to make the outer-most folder (which will have all of the files inside) into a .zip and upload it. Keep in mind that if the .zip version passes 500MB, Minehut won't be able to upload it to the server. The max size is 500MB.

It's currently a normal folder so ill rename it to a .zip

1 minute ago, halaayman said:

It's currently a normal folder so ill rename it to a .zip

NONOOO DONT RENAME IT! WHATEVER U DO DON'T RENAME IT. You will need to manually convert it to a .zip.

Some Minehut Links:

No, that would be opening a .zip. You will need to "compress" the folder itself.

Some Minehut Links:

Are you on Windows, Mac, or Linux?

Some Minehut Links:

Right click the folder, go to "Send To", then select "Compressed (zipped) folder", as seen below.

howto.PNG.d135333e398ffed972e7f268cff58190.PNG

Some Minehut Links:

lol. Anyways try it out and tell me how it goes!

Some Minehut Links: