EXP orbs spawn less or are merging

Lunar_ite

Question

So, I recently built an enderman farm in my friend's SMP. I had built one before in my old HC world, and was picturing the stream of XP... but when I went to kill the enderman, there's only about 1 orb every couple seconds. I still get the same amount of XP, but I was wondering if orbs merging was a feature in Minehut. The Minecraft Wiki says that XP orbs don't merge... so I don't know what's going on. Please explain if something else I haven't mentioned is happening, thanks! 

4 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Lunar_ite said:

So, I recently built an enderman farm in my friend's SMP. I had built one before in my old HC world, and was picturing the stream of XP... but when I went to kill the enderman, there's only about 1 orb every couple seconds. I still get the same amount of XP, but I was wondering if orbs merging was a feature in Minehut. The Minecraft Wiki says that XP orbs don't merge... so I don't know what's going on. Please explain if something else I haven't mentioned is happening, thanks! 

Hello! Minehut runs on a server platform named Paper Spigot, this is a popular performance based fork of the commonly used server software Spigot. As it is a performanced based platform, many improvements were added to the base game that help prevent issues like lag, as such experience orbs will merge within a set radius.

This radius can be changed via this setting in the spigot.yml file:

merge-radius:
      item: 2.5
      exp: 3

See below for a great CFAQ on how to edit the spigot.yml file.

• Like 1

- Discord: Brim#0768

image.png.f1adf348277e390065b8e913c0f185d4.png