Redstone TNT arrow scattershot help

FatHusky

Question

I'm trying to create an arrow scattershot device using TNT explosions and redstone (based on a simpler version of this). It works locally; however, when I try to replicate it on a free tier Paper Minehut server (v1.16.5) the arrows do not get propelled by the TNT at all. 

Does this explosion propulsion mechanic work on Paper servers at all? If it does work how can I fix my setup to get this to work?

The machine works by:

1. Arrows are shot onto the half slab
  2. Button is pressed
  3. TNT ignites and bubbles up to the block under the iron trapdoor
  4. Piston retracts just before the TNT ignites, putting the arrows in freefall
  5. TNT explodes and the force propels the arrows out (this propulsion part is not working)

minecraft_tnt.thumb.png.79a1b75c0371831a6a33300546a71e30.png

3 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, FatHusky said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I've looked in the paper.yml file and the only relevant property I see is "allow-piston-duplication". Even with that set to true the TNT explosions do not propel the arrows. Is there a different property or plugin that could restore this TNT propulsion property? (Note: I don't need to duplicate the tnt, just need the explosion to propel the arrows like it does in vanilla).

Thanks

Hey again.

Then I think there isn't any way to do that on Paper servers and there isn't any plugins available for that.

The best thing you can do is try it on single player or pure vanilla minecraft server.

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

3 hours ago, FatHusky said:

I'm trying to create an arrow scattershot device using TNT explosions and redstone (based on a simpler version of this). It works locally; however, when I try to replicate it on a free tier Paper Minehut server (v1.16.5) the arrows do not get propelled by the TNT at all. 

Does this explosion propulsion mechanic work on Paper servers at all? If it does work how can I fix my setup to get this to work?

The machine works by:

1. Arrows are shot onto the half slab
  2. Button is pressed
  3. TNT ignites and bubbles up to the block under the iron trapdoor
  4. Piston retracts just before the TNT ignites, putting the arrows in freefall
  5. TNT explodes and the force propels the arrows out (this propulsion part is not working)

minecraft_tnt.thumb.png.79a1b75c0371831a6a33300546a71e30.png

Hey there.

Paper blocked and patch most of the dupes and ways in which minecraft stuff works basically.

They were done to improve the server's performance.

You can check paper.yml file in your File Manager. They should have an option to toggle it if they've disabled it.

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

17 hours ago, CoolProgrammer said:

Hey there.

Paper blocked and patch most of the dupes and ways in which minecraft stuff works basically.

They were done to improve the server's performance.

You can check paper.yml file in your File Manager. They should have an option to toggle it if they've disabled it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've looked in the paper.yml file and the only relevant property I see is "allow-piston-duplication". Even with that set to true the TNT explosions do not propel the arrows. Is there a different property or plugin that could restore this TNT propulsion property? (Note: I don't need to duplicate the tnt, just need the explosion to propel the arrows like it does in vanilla).

Thanks