Server practically deleted, need help

EnderMan101

Question

I spent months building a server and my dev removed most of it with worldedit. I do not have a backup or save from before this happened. Is there any possible way to return the server to a previous state?

I have the following plugins:

Buycraft, ChatManager, EssentialsX, Holographic Displays, LuckPerms, Skript, Skript Addon: skQuery, Skript Addon: skRayFall,  TAB REBORN, Vault, WorldEdit

2 answers to this question

I'm sorry for your loss. 😞

If I recall correctly, WorldEdit stores your previous 15 actions performed.

If your Dev removed the thing in less than 15 actions, then you should be able to rollback the actions using //undo 1 <your-dev-ign>.

However if that doesn't work, I'd suggest you doing these things to prevent such stuff happening in the future:

Have server backups enabled - This is a new Minehut feature which was added yesterday. Check the backups section because your server should have Backups enabled already. (1 backup per hour)

Install CoreProtect - CoreProtect is a plugin which allows you and check who placed what block. You can also rollback or restore chunks. CoreProtect also hooks into WorldEdit and then logs in WorldEdit actions. These actions can be rolled back anytime, without any problem.

Also, if you think that your Dev did this on purpose to grief the server, you should consider making a Player Report under the Reports forum.

I wish you all the best!

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

(Replying to CoolProgrammer)

I tried doing the thing with worldedit, but he must've deleted the logs. He removed most of the server in two commands:

[Sun Aug 30 16:58:54 GMT 2020] IH8TOMSOZ: /gmc

[Sun Aug 30 16:59:02 GMT 2020] IH8TOMSOZ: //replacenear 100 air

This was in the logs of ChatManager.

I know he did it on purpose, no clue why though. The player report forum isn't functional right now, so I just put a notice in the information forum.

Thanks anyway, but all hope is lost