Restart vs Reset

Toe_ma_toe

Restart/Reset  

165 members have voted

1. 1. If I hit restart vs (in the world tab) reset world button, will both options reset my world so that everything in it is gone and the server is new?

• Yes
    • No

Question

So My friend and I were in the middle of making Houses and buildings in my server and then we decided we wanted to change the name. We changed it in the minehut server controls but it wouldn’t change when we looked at the server. We restarted our Minecraft tab but it still wouldn’t change so my friend told me to restart the server (the red button on the right side of the stop button) so that it would refresh it and the name would change. It didn’t and now all my houses and buildings are gone and it’s a whole new world, I just wanna know that if the hit that restart button, will it start a Delete everything and start a whole new world? Or if I go into the world tab and click reset world will it will delete Everything and restart a whole new world? Or do both buttons delete and restart a whole new world. I’m really confused and I’m new to controlling minehut servers so I wanna know in the future. Thank you! Sorry for any grammatical errors.

7 answers to this question

You are probably in a different world. Changing the level name in the settings tab changes the default world of the server and not the name of the world. Do /worlds to see a list of your worlds. Then do /world <world> to teleport to it. Just change the level name back to what it was before and it should fix it. Also the reset world in the world tab just resets the default world so don't click that if you don't want to restart.

Edited by _Tarna_

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

• Administrator
On 8/14/2020 at 7:48 PM, Toe_ma_toe said:

So My friend and I were in the middle of making Houses and buildings in my server and then we decided we wanted to change the name. We changed it in the minehut server controls but it wouldn’t change when we looked at the server. We restarted our Minecraft tab but it still wouldn’t change so my friend told me to restart the server (the red button on the right side of the stop button) so that it would refresh it and the name would change. It didn’t and now all my houses and buildings are gone and it’s a whole new world, I just wanna know that if the hit that restart button, will it start a Delete everything and start a whole new world? Or if I go into the world tab and click reset world will it will delete Everything and restart a whole new world? Or do both buttons delete and restart a whole new world. I’m really confused and I’m new to controlling minehut servers so I wanna know in the future. Thank you! Sorry for any grammatical errors.

You can use the /worlds command to find your previous world.