How to toggle thunderstorms and rain

NerdboyKarim

Question

Hi everyone, im new to using servers etc, i was just wonder could anyone help, as on the server it rain's and thunderstroms practically every 5 minutes, i was wonder is there a server command or anything like that which can completely turn off the rain and thunderstorms, instead of just delaying in for a couple minutes with, /weather clear. I tried toggle rain but it said there was no command.  

Thanks

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Hey! If you install the plugin Essentials you can use commands such as /sun to toggle the weather. You'll need OP (which can be found below), I've also added a tutorial on how to install plugins.

Discord: neo?#1200

First JoinDecember 17th, 2015

VIP: 23/08/2019

Minecraft Username: nullific

santioNERD.png.c68b0fda25a448bcbe3278033a7987b2.png

11 hours ago, nullific said:

Hey! If you install the plugin Essentials you can use commands such as /sun to toggle the weather. You'll need OP (which can be found below), I've also added a tutorial on how to install plugins.

You don't even need essentials.

When you're an operator on your server, you can do the command /gamerule doWeatherCycle false to disable any chance of rain or thunder.

mybeary#8955

Moved to Help

Remember to post in the correct section next time!

To answer your question, you can also use /toggledownfall, a vanilla command to toggle off any rain that's currently ongoing and you can use the gamerule command to prevent any rain from naturally occurring. 

First Joined: July 2015
VIP: January 2020
Jr.Mod: 1st April 2020
Mod: 16th July 2020

Info:

~ Skript Developer
~ Discord: @nicholxs#0001
~ Previous names: Nichxlxs, Deterno, iHaveSkills, Retrical