Download fails to start but link works

WMC

Question

I have been having trouble downloading my Minecraft world from my server as after I click the link it looks like it starts downloading but it never has an estimated time and sometimes says 'Failed - Network error' after a few minutes on Windows 10. Other times it just keeps on loading and never stops. To check it wasn't something to do with the OS I tried it on a mac computer which has a similar problem although never stops trying to download it despite the download never starting but the download file simply sitting there. I have also tried using a VPN so it shouldn't be a network connection problem (although still remotely possible) and a different browser if that makes any difference.

I have looked at other forum posts about failing to download your world from MineHut but they all seem to be at the download creation stage and not being able to access a link rater than failing to start downloading whilst the download file still exists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

worlddownloadbeforefaliure (2).png

worldfaildeddownload (2).png

Edited by WMC

3 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Santio71 said:

You are actually able to download your world, but not through the command. You can use a world downloader mod to get your world, I'm not exactly sure how they work however as I've never used them

The issue with said mod is that it doesn't download the chunks you haven't been to and it doesn't save player data

• Like 1

You are actually able to download your world, but not through the command. You can use a world downloader mod to get your world, I'm not exactly sure how they work however as I've never used them

Santio71 -> Developer

Development Lead for Minehut Events Team

First Joined: Jan. 24, 2016

[VIP]~2019

Joined CET: July 22, 2019 (About 1.75 years ago) 

[PRO]: May 6, 2020

Rejoined CET: June 15, 2020

Moderator: December 19, 2022

himods_1_464x213.pngok3.png.9f407538426375980dbfd1a70bd93a74.pngok2.png.2d1e6960fee974293bc3aaebeb41d5db.png