Pistons not pushing/pulling blocks???

Aftertaste

A few friends and I are working on a server and we need to set up traps as a part of a cave, the issue is that pistons and sticky pistons refuse to Push or Pull blocks meaning we can't do any pitfall traps like we intended. The piston will work normally but if you throw a block in front of it, it just stops working??? If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know! thanks a lot

Firstly, what plugins do you have installed on your server?
Secondly, have you changed the max piston push/pull game rule/setting?
Thirdly, have you tried reloading the server, force stopping, or re-uploading/refreshing the world?

Always happy to help! 😁

A person.

Well the server isnt mine so i will have to wait for the actual owner to get on for the first question

I dont think we've changed the push/pull gamerule setting

And I've already tried letting the server go into hibernation and waking it back up

is the region's build flag set to deny? or the block-break flag is set to deny? this might be preventing the piston from moving blocks. instead, make a region around the specified area and the region will automatically be grief protected. the reason pistons when build is set to dent is because people could make flying machines or tnt cannons that shoot the into the region.

Edited by mucadush

• 7 months later...

On 6/25/2019 at 1:10 PM, mucadush said:

is the region's build flag set to deny? or the block-break flag is set to deny? this might be preventing the piston from moving blocks. instead, make a region around the specified area and the region will automatically be grief protected. the reason pistons when build is set to dent is because people could make flying machines or tnt cannons that shoot the into the region.

The same thing is happening with my server. We don't know what's going on and we can't make hidden bases. Any help? We have a lot of plugins on our server. They are Advanced ban, action house, back to the roots, bank notes, beauty quests, better sleeping, bounty hunters, bukkit core (of course), chat control, chat manager, citizens, clear lag, custom ore gen, defensive turrets, emerald tools, essentials, essentials spawn, fast leaf decay,  grief prevention, gsit, guilds, holographic displays, inventory full plus, item editor, item join, mythic mobs, player server, seasons, vault, world edit, and world guard. We have a lot of plugins but we don't know which ones are doing it.

• 3 years later...
On 6/25/2019 at 1:10 PM, mucadush said:

thanks, i had a similar problem, but it also works to set block-place to allow instead of build.