Other Proxy Locations

Atomic2ds

I would like to know If Minehut ever plans on adding proxies in other locations around the world, if Minehut has plans on becoming the hub for Minecraft servers, they need to have proxies for players in other locations as Minecraft players aren't all based in the US, im based in Australia and can't run my Minecraft server behind Minehut because everyone (even Aussie players) would have terrible ping with the way Minecraft proxies work

Minehut can use something called Anycast DNS to make it so when connecting to mc.minehut.com or any subdomains it connects the player to the closest proxy server automatically, allowing for external servers to be in other locations, this would dramatically increase the amount of users that can use the Minehut platform to find server and proxy their servers, which overall increases the popularity and reach of the platform benefiting everyone, also Lobbies can stay in the US as the ping on those don't matter too much

Minehut should consider proxies in Sydney (Australia), Frankfurt (Germany), Singapore (Asia) and London (UK), as they are most likely the main points where players would need proxies, also I don't think cost would be that much of an issue considering they are just running proxies and not actual servers

Edited by Atomic2ds

• Atomic2ds changed the title to Other Proxy Locations