Daily time limit doesn't make sense

Cannonbolt101

if it was free as a small company and it was successful, then why as a large company with a substantially higher profit can't full time servers be kept. Or at least have 8 hours of playtime as that is a decent amount of time, but 2 hours is just not enough. minehut has just gotten greedy and is using the loss of money as an excuse to get rid of a beloved feature and lock it behind a paywall.

and to ducky programmer we will be happy with what we had, it's not our fault for wanting something that you used to be able to provide for free, but supposedly can't do anymore.

On 11/29/2023 at 2:23 AM, Red_Robin-436 said:

if it was free as a small company and it was successful, then why as a large company with a substantially higher profit can't full time servers be kept. Or at least have 8 hours of playtime as that is a decent amount of time, but 2 hours is just not enough. minehut has just gotten greedy and is using the loss of money as an excuse to get rid of a beloved feature and lock it behind a paywall.

and to ducky programmer we will be happy with what we had, it's not our fault for wanting something that you used to be able to provide for free, but supposedly can't do anymore.

The reason Minehut could do it in the past was because they were still losing money. Now that it's caught up to them, they need to change something, hence the 2 hour limit.

No rank - 2017-2021

Minehut Tester - 2021-2023

Minehut Volunteer Moderator - 2023-Current

Report a player/server: Report Player / Server

Create a support ticket: Submit a request

Did I help you? If so, feel free to give me a like!

17 hours ago, DerpTh3Derp said:

Does the time limit count down while the server is offline? I got the half hour warning so I decided to get off and save the rest of the time for later, and now the server time is counting down even though nobody is on the server and the server is offline.

I believe the server needs to be hibernating to stop the timer.

No rank - 2017-2021

On 11/28/2023 at 7:53 AM, DuckyProgrammer said:

Minehut loses a lot of money from free servers. Maybe instead of complaining you get less free stuff, be happy you can get the service for free.

Technically Minehut isn't free anymore since you have to pay to keep your server online for more than 2 hours. tbh I think it's kinda a scam for Minehut to say it's free server hosting when you have to pay to keep your server online for more than 2 hours. 

Minehut is basically unplayable for those who can't afford server plans like myself. 2 hours is not enough time to do anything on my server nor is it a sustainable way to make enough money to buy a server plan.

Edited by TopThrill2Fan

M/D/YY

Joined - 9/7/20

[Unranked] - 9/7/20 - 3/24/21

[VIP] - 3/25/21 - Present

[Owner] of CedarParks, CedarNews, CedarHoster, CedarMini, CedarEcon, CedarChurch

10 hours ago, TopThrill2Fan said:

Technically Minehut isn't free anymore since you have to pay to keep your server online for more than 2 hours. tbh I think it's kinda a scam for Minehut to say it's free server hosting when you have to pay to keep your server online for more than 2 hours. 

Minehut is basically unplayable for those who can't afford server plans like myself. 2 hours is not enough time to do anything on my server nor is it a sustainable way to make enough money to buy a server plan.

So by that logic being given $5/mo and then it being reduced to $2/mo is no longer free money but a scam?

No rank - 2017-2021

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 5:07 PM, DuckyProgrammer said:

So by that logic being given $5/mo and then it being reduced to $2/mo is no longer free money but a scam?

That's just not what they said tho?

They're stating that Minehut is still advertising themselves as a a free hosting service even though its basically not free anymore if you actually want a playable and enjoyable  server as its behind a paywall.

With a 2 hour limit each day, you'll join the server, have the pressure of a 2 hour limit in the back of your mind, its like you're playing with a timer and gotta speedrun whatever you're doing, it doesn't make it enjoyable, if you want to enjoy it, you gotta pay, simple as that.

I'm not gonna say anything about increasing the timelimit because that's just not going to happen, but still advertising that Minehut is a free server host is just factually incorrect for people who actually wants to enjoy a server.

I'm not disputing the fact that Minehut might be losing money on having free servers, that's understandable, but still advertising it as "The best free Minecraft servers host that lets you play with friends" is not correct anymore.

Well, basically free is still free. The Minehut website also says, "Play and Create Free Minecraft Servers", which is still true. Also, the time limit was raised back to 4 hours.

No rank - 2017-2021

note: I dint not know it was raised to 4 hours but still not as much as it used to be.

And I don't think it was for four hours, the timer still goes when its offline and when I'm not on but some random people will be on it.

(My message above this is saying its hidden idk why)

Edited by Ryno_storm

3 hours ago, Ryno_storm said:

note: I dint not know it was raised to 4 hours but still not as much as it used to be.

And I don't think it was for four hours, the timer still goes when its offline and when I'm not on but some random people will be on it.

(My message above this is saying its hidden idk why)

Unfortunately there's no way to stop random people from starting your server and using your time. As for the limit going down when offline, the server would need to be hibernating.

No rank - 2017-2021

Any server plan removes the time limit, including standard. 24/7 just means it wont shutdown if no one is on.

No rank - 2017-2021

• 2 weeks later...

I know it sucks that this is happening to Minehut, but imagine you were doing this. How would you be able to profit from this if you owned Minehut. I know everyone misses the old Minehut and wishes it was back, but it most likely is not and you just need to make the best of it. 4 Hours a day it still a great amount for it being completely free. And if you really want it to be longer than 4 hours, just spend a few dollars a month. This is what everyone will need to get used to. It's either limited time for free servers, or Minehut will have to shut down and there would be no more servers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To answer @nooblolmty, we don't know. We're not the people who make those decisions.

Please make sure that you aren't responding to posts that haven't been responded to in over a month. Thanks!

No rank - 2017-2021