playtime limit sucks, corporate greed sucks more

Wypman

back when i first joined minehut, it was very good, easy to use, easy to set up plugins, easy to advertise, and infinite playtime

now, if you want to advertise more then 10 messages a month, paywalls block you, want more playtime, paywalls block you, and i believe there's even a limited amount of plugins if you dont pay for it 

while i dont mind some paid features, i absolutely HATE that you decide to give us NO heads-up about it, just implement a poorly thought out system (/ad and now the playtime limit) and basically force the paywalls down our throat if we want to keep using minehut "normally"

i would prefer not to limit playtime, but to limit afk-time instead (if a player is afk for 15 minutes, kick them to lobby, empty server for 5 minutes = shut off) OR do not count afk time towards playtime 
also i think 8 hours of playtime every 24 hours is ridiculously low, and i think if you make it at LEAST 12 hours it would feel fair for those who simply can not afford paid stuff (which is the whole reason why we went to minehut to begin with) 
(as for ads, having 30 minutes cooldown for everyone (maybe down to 10 minutes for ranks) is way more fair while not overly limiting those who cannot afford it) 

youre actively ruining the player experience with these dumb changes and paywalls, only because you care more about your wallet then about your playerbase, and i would kindly request you undo these changes 

EDIT BONUS: now people can troll/grief servers by simply GOING AFK to waste playtime, and that basically makes the whole thing suck even more then it already did 

-Wypman

Edited by Wypman
found another reason why playtime limits are dumb and figured it would be a good thing to point out
  • Like 1

The time limit can be removed for free by voting every day and purchasing the Extra Safe backup plan.

The new /ads system has reduced the amount of spam in the lobbies a lot.

You do not have to pay to get more plugins.

A lot of these features are locked behind a paywall because it is not very profitable to host servers for free.

No rank - 2017-2021

Minehut Tester - 2021-2023

Minehut Volunteer Moderator - 2023-Current

Report a player/server: Report Player / Server

Create a support ticket: Submit a request

Did I help you? If so, feel free to give me a like!

13 hours ago, DuckyProgrammer said:

it already did that when it was 1 ad every 30 minutes (some reduction for ranks which is fine i guess) and adding/changing it to 10 ads every month isnt "reducing spam" its "reducing what people can do if they dont pay" and there's a big difference between those two

good to know plugins arent paywall blocked though

On 10/1/2023 at 7:55 PM, DuckyProgrammer said:

The time limit can be removed for free by voting every day and purchasing the Extra Safe backup plan.

You do not have to pay to get more plugins.

A lot of these features are locked behind a paywall because it is not very profitable to host servers for free.

If Minehut is gonna advertise itself as free server hosting, then you can't lock running servers for an unlimited amount of time behind a paywall, namely limiting servers to 8 hours of runtime per day. Minehut is just scamming people by saying they're free server hosting but then limiting people to 8 hours of runtime per day and forcing people to pay for more runtime to run their servers.

Also, how do you select the custom server plan? When I try to select a plan, the custom plan doesn't show up in the drop down.

MOD NOTE: Please use the Edit button instead of making a second post.

M/D/YY

Joined - 9/7/20

[Unranked] - 9/7/20 - 3/24/21

[VIP] - 3/25/21 - Present

[Owner] of CedarParks, CedarNews, CedarHoster, CedarMini, CedarEcon, CedarChurch

44 minutes ago, MrMaverick321 said:

@DuckyProgrammerare you going to answer my questions?

I answer questions when I feel like it. I'm not required to, and I also don't sit at the forums the entire day.

As to answer your question, the custom plan options are under the Settings tab when you click Manage Server.

No rank - 2017-2021

Minehut Tester - 2021-2023

Minehut Volunteer Moderator - 2023-Current

Report a player/server: Report Player / Server

Create a support ticket: Submit a request

Did I help you? If so, feel free to give me a like!

8 hours was fine for me, especially considering how good the free plan was, but 4 hours? heck no. Barely any time to get much done with multiple people getting on at multiple different times of the day. Please atleast revert to 8 hours. You're servers are going to fail otherwise.

i agree 8 hours is good even 6 hours would be Just about bareable but 4 is nothing might have to find somthing new . im tempted to buy somthing but considering how things keep changing who knows after i pay it might change worse and waste money . for example everyone who lost money on there one time purchase of ranks. (imagine the dude that payed $50 and was told it was for ever to wake up with nothing (as if he been scammed) idk if i should pay and then get done over. hopefully they change there ways and improve again i hope that too many players dont leave if that happends everyone will leave and if that happend even if you change back we would have lost.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...