Server requires origins mod even though I have origins installed

prince_destn1y

Question

I'm trying to create a server for me and my friends with the origins mod.

i have both the mod and the server on the same version, (1.20.1) and nothing seems to work, i tried everything, but whenever i join it tells me i 'have to have the origins mod (1.10.0)' installed, and leaves this:

[Server thread/INFO]: com.mojang.authlib.GameProfile@477182d9[id=<null>,name=Prince_Dest1ny,properties={},legacy=false] (/240.8.67.235:34104) lost connection: This server requires you to install the Origins mod (v1.10.0) to play.

message in the console, if anyone has any ideas or advice they would be very much appreciated. 

I'm using modrinth as my launcher and I've double checked that origins is in the right folder and enabled, and it's still not letting me in.

3 answers to this question

I think somewhere in the origins config file you have to set a value to true telling it that its on a server.

No rank - 2017-2021

Minehut Tester - 2021-2023

Minehut Volunteer Moderator - 2023-Current

Report a player/server: Report Player / Server

Create a support ticket: Submit a request

Did I help you? If so, feel free to give me a like!

I had this exact same problem. The solution I found to this was to go into the "file manager" tab on the server you wish to use Origins on, and then click "config" and then "origins_server.json" and at the very top of that code it'll say " "performVersionCheck": true, " if you change the "true" to "false" it should fix it.

So the new line of code will say " "performVersionCheck": false, "

I hope that works!