Unable to download world

eyouth

Question

I can't download a world from the file manager tab. I've tried selecting all the available folders, downloading them, extracting them, and placing them into a single folder in my local saves folder, but the world still doesn't show up.

I've done this before successfully multiple times, and every time I've done so the file manager tab shows folders named "advancements" and "data" (among others such as "cache"). This time, those two folders are absent. Could this be part of the problem?

5 answers to this question

I doubt it. What happens when you download the world folder? Does it actually download and you just can't get it to work on singleplayer or what? You probably need to unzip them in the saves folder.

Edited by rosabel

rose city STICKER

RosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaR

i code, animate, develop, UI design, learn, and adapt, as well as make servers, of course

💐Joined Minehut sometime in 2014
💐VIP sometime in 2018
💐Legend in January 2021
💐Helper on 4/11/2021
💐♥ (Retired) on 5/17/2021
💐 Moderator on 8/18/2023

@rosabel If I paste just the world folder into my saves folder, it opens and loads correctly. However, if I put the whole downloaded extracted folder into my saves folder, nothing shows up under singleplayer. I want to make sure that I don't need any of the other folders in the whole downloaded folder (other than "world" "nether" and "end") for the world to load correctly. I'm worried that something minor in the background will be impacted if I can't somehow merge the world folder with the other folders in the entire downloaded folder ("cache" etc.).

15 hours ago, eyouth said:

@rosabel If I paste just the world folder into my saves folder, it opens and loads correctly. However, if I put the whole downloaded extracted folder into my saves folder, nothing shows up under singleplayer. I want to make sure that I don't need any of the other folders in the whole downloaded folder (other than "world" "nether" and "end") for the world to load correctly. I'm worried that something minor in the background will be impacted if I can't somehow merge the world folder with the other folders in the entire downloaded folder ("cache" etc.).

Nether worlds are irrelevant.

make sure the world you’re unzipping into saves unzips into a folder where when you go into it it’s just all the normal world stuff. No folder inside a folder where the actual world folder is, if you get what I mean.

rose city STICKER

RosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaR

i code, animate, develop, UI design, learn, and adapt, as well as make servers, of course

💐VIP sometime in 2018
💐Legend in January 2021
💐Helper on 4/11/2021
💐 Moderator on 8/18/2023

@rosabel Got it, thanks! So does that mean when I download just the "world" folder, I can enter my nether/end portal and everything there will be loaded based on what I've done in the nether/end? Even if I don't download the "world_nether" or "world_the_end" folders?

On 8/4/2023 at 1:50 PM, eyouth said:

@rosabel Got it, thanks! So does that mean when I download just the "world" folder, I can enter my nether/end portal and everything there will be loaded based on what I've done in the nether/end? Even if I don't download the "world_nether" or "world_the_end" folders?

Sorry no that's not what I meant. world_nether and world_the_end are required to also be saved if you want to save your progress in there.

rose city STICKER

💐VIP sometime in 2018
💐Legend in January 2021
💐Helper on 4/11/2021
💐 Moderator on 8/18/2023