EssentialsX plugin error

JeffJefferson

Question

Hi,

could you help me with this:

I downloaded the EssentialsX plugin version 1.16.5 and uploaded it to the plugins folder on my server.

When I stared the server the console displayed the following message:

[Thread-19/WARN]: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: https://api.github.com/repos/EssentialsX/Essentials/releases/latest

When I joined my server the chat said that the server couldn`t check for the EssentialsX version and when I tried the pex command the chat said that the command doesn`t exist.

Secondly, how can I allow all users to use "/spawn", even for those who don`t have  "op"  @

I would appreciate any help/advice.

Thank you guys  !

2 answers to this question

The warning is normal. Do /plugins to ensure you have the appropriate plugins enabled. Also be sure to OP yourself..

How to OP yourself

File Manager > Press on the console tab > type in 'op username', no slashes.

If you are OPPED and the command does not exist, it is likely also red in /plugins

Ensure the plugins are compatible and the correct version for 1.16.5 specifically, also.

To give all players the permission, and I recommend using Luckperms, this command will NOT work with PEX: you do /lp group default permission set essentials.spawn true

Overall, the permission node is essentials.spawn, regardless of plugin. Just look up how to utilize PEX and that permission node will work.

rose city STICKER

RosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaR

i code, animate, develop, UI design, learn, and adapt, as well as make servers, of course

💐Joined Minehut sometime in 2014
💐VIP sometime in 2018
💐Legend in January 2021
💐Helper on 4/11/2021
💐♥ (Retired) on 5/17/2021
💐 Moderator on 8/18/2023