"Restore Backup" Wipes World Clean

HerobrineDarkOne

Question

Hello to anyone willing to help me with this. I've had a world with my girlfriend for two years, and today I attempted to restore the world (spigot 1.19.2) to a previous backup (paper 1.17.1) that I had already saved. I went into "backups" and clicked "restore server" next to my desired backup. However, when I joined the server, everything we had built was gone. The spawn point was different as if the server was reset with a new seed. I still have the paper 1.17.1 backup from about three days ago which I know must contain my saved world. However, every time I try to restore this backup, the same thing happens. Every time I click "restore server" next to the backup, the seed changes. 

Is there any way to fix this issue? Can I still access my old save without resetting the world? Please help, as we have built up this world for two years now and losing it would be a real pain.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

1 answer to this question

Best solution... Contact Minehut Support if backing up the server truly did reset your world: https://minehut.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=4999999402643

Restoring from a backup should not do this.

• Like 1

rose city STICKER

RosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaR

i code, animate, develop, UI design, learn, and adapt, as well as make servers, of course

💐Joined Minehut sometime in 2014
💐VIP sometime in 2018
💐Legend in January 2021
💐Helper on 4/11/2021
💐♥ (Retired) on 5/17/2021
💐 Moderator on 8/18/2023