Can't find/ edit server description? Am I looking in the wrong place?

sprucerust

Question

Hey all, I've been having some issues editing my server's description. I can't seem to find the option anywhere, and I'd much like to change it to keep up with the new server I've made. Are there any other ways of changing the description or am I just looking in the wrong place? This is all i have to ask, thank you.

3 answers to this question

Hi! You can change your server description in a few ways.

If you'd like to change the server description that shows up from within the Minehut lobby, you can make this change by editing the "Message of the Day" on the server dashboard. You can find the server dashboard here: https://minehut.com/dashboard/home (You will need click "Activate Server" and then "Manage Server")

If you'd like to change the server description that shows up in the multiplayer list on Minecraft, you can make this change by editing your "server.properties" file and changing the "motd=" line to a message of your choice. You can make this change by going to the File Manager tab on the server dashboard. Please be aware that you will need to restart your server after changing the message for it to take effect.

• Thanks 1

Please make sure that you aren't responding to posts that haven't been responded to in over a month. Thanks!

No rank - 2017-2021

Minehut Tester - 2021-2023

Minehut Volunteer Moderator - 2023-Current

Report a player/server: Report Player / Server

Create a support ticket: Submit a request

Did I help you? If so, feel free to give me a like!