Someone is using my name in my server?

lilacfev

Question

I have a small survival server with a few friends in it. Today when I was playing on it by myself, my name started typing in chat. They said sent a few messages, the first one being "/tip all", then "/tip (some names i dont remember)" and went on for 6 or 7 lines before i got disconnected. i reconnected to the server and it happened once more, this time i didn't get kicked and the messages stopped after a bit

to my knowledge, /tip isn't even a command, so what is happening??

some screenshots from the first time it happened are attached below, id appreciate help. if someone else is doing it, i'd love to ban them from my server, but they don't appear in the tab list. i have a vanish plugin installed, and i think they might be using it to secretly stay in the server undetected and spam with my name (somehow.)

2022-06-16_19.34.48.png

2022-06-16_19.34.51.png

3 answers to this question

There are two options here:

1. This one is much more likely. You may have a modification on your client used to "autotip" on servers such as Hypixel, and it's trying to tip

2. Someone somehow got access to commands and is making you say this stuff.

One of the most unique Minehut servers. Soon™

10 hours ago, ghfsfgdfhdf said:

There are two options here:

1. This one is much more likely. You may have a modification on your client used to "autotip" on servers such as Hypixel, and it's trying to tip

2. Someone somehow got access to commands and is making you say this stuff.

thank you, i think this solved the issue 🙂