random people asking to be friends?

Fray

I sometimes get random people asking to be my friend? Idk how thsi works here? i dont know these names. one name has done this a few times. i have whitelist on and server should be unlisted. new to minehut and minecraft. should i be worried?

Yes you can accept there friend request they will send you a message joining a server but you should be completely fine unless you actually join The server and the server has log4j stuff with a texture pack that automatically downloads to your computer which has a shady code in it that will grant them access to your computer and do whatever stuff they want and it can be shown on the screen what they are doing and they can write things on notepad or worst of all download a virus

1 hour ago, EmptyRooms_ said:

Yes you can accept there friend request they will send you a message joining a server but you should be completely fine unless you actually join The server and the server has log4j stuff with a texture pack that automatically downloads to your computer which has a shady code in it that will grant them access to your computer and do whatever stuff they want and it can be shown on the screen what they are doing and they can write things on notepad or worst of all download a virus

I once got the same message and joined the server since i was curious because all my friends online got that same message. Luckily enough, one of my friends quickly told me it could be a trick. I don't know if it was log4j but i deleted the texturepack from my files anyway.

I used to play Minehut I guess?
Yeah, I still watch the forums for some reason. (15/5/2023)

This only happens when im on my server and its whitelisted and hidden. i just wanted to know how they knew my name to try to friend me? i dont even know how to friend my own friends here lol