Minecraft Server Questions

eventlack

Question

I would like to setup a Minecraft server for my family, relatives and friends to play on together. But I have several questions on this.

1. So there is a Bedrock version and a Java version. The devices owned by the people who will play on this server are: 3 x Nintendo Switch, 1 x iPad, and 3 x Macbooks. Is it possible for us to play on the same server? Seems like you can only play on newer Macbooks? (Those I have are a few years old and not using M1).
  2. I already have a regular Webhosting shared account for some websites I run, so I can set up the Minecraft server on this, or does it need a dedicated server to only run Minecraft?
  3. If a dedicated server is needed, where would you recommend renting this for a game of only about 10 people?

Would greatly appreciate any insights on this.

2 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, eventlack said:

I would like to setup a Minecraft server for my family, relatives and friends to play on together. But I have several questions on this.

1. So there is a Bedrock version and a Java version. The devices owned by the people who will play on this server are: 3 x Nintendo Switch, 1 x iPad, and 3 x Macbooks. Is it possible for us to play on the same server? Seems like you can only play on newer Macbooks? (Those I have are a few years old and not using M1) Minecraft Server List.
  2. I already have a regular Webhosting shared account for some websites I run, so I can set up the Minecraft server on this, or does it need a dedicated server to only run Minecraft?
  3. If a dedicated server is needed, where would you recommend renting this for a game of only about 10 people? 

Would greatly appreciate any insights on this.

thanks in advance for any help