What is wrong with Minehut?

honeycomb7121

Question

It's a joke at this point? I can make myself and everyone else an OP using the live console, but in-game it does not acknolwedge this. Any attempt to use commands in LC relating to players like /gamemode results in "this player is not found" no matter WHO it is, and yes I tried with and without capitals. Other commands like /time set will compute but don't actually have effect on the game. 
The server will be running in Minecraft but not "active" on Minehut. I can't even reset the world, I have to delete the world files and then rerun the server for them to generate again. None of the add ons like fast leaf decay work. I'm beyond tired of all the ridiculous issues Minehut seems to be having lately, it's honestly not worth it. If I can't find solutions to this I'm just gonna find another server hosting site. Thanks for reading.

2 answers to this question

COMMAND ISSUES
Are they bedrock players? If so you need to put an asterik * before their name in order for the commands to work. If not, that is very strange, if you're on PC you can tab names.

TIME SET ISSUES
As for /time set, if you're playing 1.18.1, I also noticed this issue particularly with essentials. If you do have essentials, do /minecraft:time set <time>

This is likely due to you having an outdated version of Essentials.

ACTIVE SERVER ISSUES

If the server is running also, it should show up as 'Online' on Minehut. If not online, what does it show up as?

WORLD RESETTING

For resetting the world, be sure to turn your server fully offline, reset world, then start it back up again. Other ways may be buggy to work.

ADD-ONS NOT WORKING

Add-ons panel is a bit outdated atm, but this is mainly because custom plugins are in now. Make use of that and be sure your leaf decay plugin is configured properly and supports 1.18 or can work on 1.18. This isn't really Minehut's fault more so the developer is, or the fact the plugin isn't configured/outdated

• Like 2

rose city STICKER

RosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaR

i code, animate, develop, UI design, learn, and adapt, as well as make servers, of course

💐Joined Minehut sometime in 2014
💐VIP sometime in 2018
💐Legend in January 2021
💐Helper on 4/11/2021
💐♥ (Retired) on 5/17/2021
💐 Moderator on 8/18/2023

34 minutes ago, rosathorn said:

COMMAND ISSUES
Are they bedrock players? If so you need to put an asterik * before their name in order for the commands to work. If not, that is very strange, if you're on PC you can tab names.

TIME SET ISSUES
As for /time set, if you're playing 1.18.1, I also noticed this issue particularly with essentials. If you do have essentials, do /minecraft:time set <time>

This is likely due to you having an outdated version of Essentials.

ACTIVE SERVER ISSUES

If the server is running also, it should show up as 'Online' on Minehut. If not online, what does it show up as?

WORLD RESETTING

For resetting the world, be sure to turn your server fully offline, reset world, then start it back up again. Other ways may be buggy to work.

ADD-ONS NOT WORKING

Add-ons panel is a bit outdated atm, but this is mainly because custom plugins are in now. Make use of that and be sure your leaf decay plugin is configured properly and supports 1.18 or can work on 1.18. This isn't really Minehut's fault more so the developer is, or the fact the plugin isn't configured/outdated

Nope, we're all java players - I did try the asterik but nothing changed. You're right about tabbing players, but I understand that only works with ingame commands and not LC - And no one can use any commands in MC because it won't recognize anyone as an OP, even though LC does 😕 

The server was paper 1.17 and FLD is the only add-on I have installed or owned - I did double check but I don't have Essentials added to the server. However, upon your mention, I did change the server to 1.18 but it didn't relieve any of the issues. 

The server shows up as offline and I have the option to activate it. I can activate it while playing in the server and it has no effect, and stopping or restarting the server from MH while in-game doesn't even end the session, I can still play.

I did do that while resetting, but it didn't help. The only thing that works is deleting the world files and then running the server again.

I honestly don't mind the add-on issues so much, it's just the increasing issues that are really frustrating me. Thank you for responding and helping.