Difficulty of Nether/End are stuck on easy

AwesomeAndo

Question

When changing the difficulty in the overworld it is easy to do and works as normal. When in the nether or end though it simply just doesn't work. The world was created on an easy difficulty, which I now regret, and I wish to change it to hard. So as the owner and being opped, I typed /difficulty hard and it changed but when in the nether and end it says it changed to hard but when typing /difficulty it says it is on easy. Naturally I tried to change it to hard in the nether again but it says it was already on that when it clearly said it was on easy. This is the same for the end as well. Basically whenever I try to change it, it says it was successful but still has no effect on them whatsoever. I am on spigot 1.17 and don't have multiverse installed (although I did install and uninstall it to try and change it but still no luck). I believe the difficulty is stuck on easy since that was the difficulty the world was created on but when I change it in the overworld it works as it should and says the difficulty it has been changed to.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by AwesomeAndo

2 answers to this question

58 minutes ago, AwesomeAndo said:

When changing the difficulty in the overworld it is easy to do and works as normal. When in the nether or end though it simply just doesn't work. The world was created on an easy difficulty, which I now regret, and I wish to change it to hard. So as the owner and being opped, I typed /difficulty hard and it changed but when in the nether and end it says it changed to hard but when typing /difficulty it says it is on easy. Naturally I tried to change it to hard in the nether again but it says it was already on that when it clearly said it was on easy. This is the same for the end as well. Basically whenever I try to change it, it says it was successful but still has no effect on them whatsoever. I am on spigot 1.17 and don't have multiverse installed (although I did install and uninstall it to try and change it but still no luck). I believe the difficulty is stuck on easy since that was the difficulty the world was created on but when I change it in the overworld it works as it should and says the difficulty it has been changed to.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

I'd recommend you to use a plugin such as Multiverse which makes sure your world difficulty is set to your desire.

If you plan on using Multiverse, this is the command you will require to change the difficulty: /mv modify set difficulty (difficulty-level) (world-name).

Here are a few examples for using this command:

-> /mv modify set difficulty easy world_nether.

-> /mv modify set difficulty hard world.

That's not it, Multiverse has tonnes of other essential features. If you wish to see them, check this official wiki: https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Command-Reference

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

It says the difficulty has been changed but is still unable to be altered the vanilla method via /difficulty hard. Just have to see if this means more mobs will spawn in my hoglin farm or if it just a display glitch.

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂 .

Edited by AwesomeAndo