Backup Restore Not Working; Starting Server Not Working

BreadSlice

Question

Hello, we are having an issue with our server. We ran into issues with updating to Spigot 1.17, tried to revert to Paper 1.16.5, but ran into the common chunk error.

Now, the Minehut interface does not seem to respond to allow us to restore an old 1.16.5 backup, made before the attempted update, it asks us to confirm, but nothing happens and the latest log does not change.

We can also not set the server version to 1.17 Spigot to continue playing on the new version (despite the poor performance). It just says an unknown error occurred. The log again does not update, still mentioning Paper 1.16.5, even when we have set the server to Spigot 1.17 and attempt to start it.

6 answers to this question

Further information on this: It appears something may be wrong with our dashboard.  Restore from Backup, switching the server type, and even starting the server do not seem to work from the web portal.  However, if we log into minecraft and use the lobby /join method, our server will start in Spigot 1.17.

Ideally, we would like to be able to use our backup to restore to Paper 1.16.5.

We are still facing an issue with backups not restoring from 1.17 to 1.16.5, even after the discord message about an update being deployed to fix the issue.  When the server is forced into hibernation and Restore Backup used, we still get an unknown error message and the backup does not seem to be deployed.

If you cannot restore your backup, please create a ticket and explain your issue & hopefully it can be sorted there: https://minehut.com/support/form

• Confused 1

Founder - Minehut.xyz

The leading Minehut support website. We aim to provide top quality tutorials, provide answers to top questions, and help in any way we can. Our site is community driven, and we will continue to make it better and better.

Support | 28/08/20 -13/09/20

Senior Support | 13/09/20 - 19/10/20

forums.gif.5d3db2db4a05c9465b84fa9bf0293df4.gif

I am also having the same issue here.

After switching to 1.17, I find that certain plugins that my server depends on are not compatible with the Spigot 1.17 update. I follow the steps in order to restore my server back onto the 1.16.5 Paper version. Upon attempting to restore I get a unknown error message and I have become unable to start my server thereafter. 

This problem seems to be persistant despite the "Patch" mentioned on the Minehut discord. It would be greatly appreciated if this issue could be fixed soon. Thanks

Another update on this.  We tried to restore from backup after the attempted fix.  It put us in a state where no server type or version was selected in the dashboard.  It would not start by selecting Paper 1.16.5, but it did start from Spigot 1.16.5.   We noticed some missing item frames, blocks, and mobs that had been confined. We then force hibernated and switch it to Paper 1.16.5.  The server started, but those items were still missing.  Then, while we were wondering around, the server crashed.  It was due to a loading a new chunk.

That should not be possible because our backup was from before 1.17.  It now makes me question if the backup was ever applied at all.  We will submit a support request, but I have seen at least 8 people in the community discord now presenting the same issue.

I still have the same issue.

Since the announce that they had a patch I can't even restore my backup from Paper 1.16.5 after selecting the right server version in the Appearance page and hibernation. When I try to restore the backup it says 'Unknown error occurred'. This happened multiple times. I tried all the of my backups and none of them work.