ImageOnMap not compatible?

oatbur

Question

Maybe I'm just dumb and didn't get the memo that Imageonmap wasn't going to be supported anymore, but it isn't working and i got the error "This functionality is no longer supported on Minehut." Might just be a simple answer, "yeah, it's no longer supported," but I felt like asking anyways. 

Here are my logs that show the enabling, error, and disabling of it: https://pastebin.com/N5wX8EYS
Here is the full logs from latest.log: https://pastebin.com/zHTz023E

This is my first time making a post and also using pastebin, so I'm sorry if any of this was wrong. If I don't respond within 24 hours feel free to dm me on discord, oats<3#9699

1 answer to this question

Yeah, the ImageonMap plugin stopped working because Minehut removed support for Reflection. Its an important part of most Java programs, and this link explains what it is, and im not gonna pretend to understand it because i have no knowledge of java. 

The ImageOnMap support discord server found out about this due to a few reports from minehut users, and so they updated their FAQ after doing some digging into the Minehut Logs:

Minehut, a Minecraft server hosting platform, disabled a fundamental component of Java programs (including plugins) called reflection. It's rather complicated, but for the idea it's what we use to hook into the Minecraft server itself and do advanced things Spigot/Paper does not allow us to do.

We (and a lot of other plugins) use this feature a lot. For advanced items management (think about the special maps ImageOnMap gives), some GUIs (this sign GUI to rename a map), translations (so everyone can use IoM in its own language, even on the same server), etc. It would be a huge task (like really huge) to rewrite ImageOnMap without that.

That's why multiple plugins suddenly broke on April 2021. Reflection is widely used. That's not only ImageOnMap. Some popular plugins like WorldEdit or WorldGuard massively use reflection too. They are probably broken too.

Sure enough, WorldEdit and WorldGuard are broken too.

TL;DR:

Minehut removed support for a feature that lots of plugins use, therefore breaking compatibility with most plugins. They announced that its fixed now, and they claim that a quick server restart should fix it. 

If that doesnt work out for you, then you have to keep waiting as Minehut are working on their own version of ImageOnMap.

• Like 1

shrek is love

shrek is life

if you dont like shrek

he will come over with a knife