Is it possible to create a bedrock-specific server?

NickBedrockHost

Question

I have been trying to create a bedrock specific server using Minehut. However, I have looked theough most of the menus and can’t find a setting to make it a bedrock specific server. If I can’t have a bedrock specific server, is there a way to join my Minehut server from a bedrock version? If not, I’ll just make a server on Aternos, I know they have bedrock compatible servers. Thanks.

Edited by NickBedrockHost

2 answers to this question

You can join the Minehut servers through Bedrock versions using the following steps:

1. Go to the multiplayer list and click "Add Server"

2. Set the server address to bedrock.minehut.com and keep the port it defaults with

3. Connect to the Minehut hub and execute /join <server>

Please note that Minehut's Geyser proxies are a little whacky, so you may not be able to always connect.

If you want to make it so only Bedrock accounts can join, you can install the plugin Skript and insert the following:

on join:
    set {_name} to the player's display name
    if {_name} does not contain "*":
        ban the player due to "&cThis server is exclusive to Bedrock accounts!"

Hope I helped!

Edited by iOmega__

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Please leave a reaction if my assistance was satisfactory!

With the raw materials that Minehut gives you, no, there is no way to make your server only for Bedrock users, Minehut uses Geyser which is built in and can't really be modified. So basically, no. You can use things like the code above which will just ban the players who aren't using a Bedrock account which idk seems kinda brute but whatever works. Also be careful cause player's display name will be the nickname so if they are using a nick that starts with * they will get banned, you should just use player's name to avoid that.

EDIT: I'm just gonna say if you want a bedrock only server just use the Microsoft friend thing like just make a world, and invite your friends to play using the already included with Bedrock network connections. Just makes it a little simpler and would make it easier for you and your friends to play.

Edited by BluBoy3ch0

[PATRON] Echology

image.png.25b196fc30999f9133398315a98c2b11.png

Sponk = Weeb