How to keep potion effects after death?

JackWill6672

Question

I will try to keep this short. I have a server that I have custom potions on that have infinite duration. Because it is a pvp server, players die often. I want the potion effects to be permanent(e.g a permanent +2 hearts boost), but whenever you die you lose the effects. Is there a way to stop this?

3 answers to this question

I believe this is just basic Minecraft, you can't... unless you use Skript. You can create a skript that would give player's effects when they respawn, I suggest you join the Minehut Discord and use #skript for more support, you'll get quick and consice answers there.

Founder - Minehut.xyz

The leading Minehut support website. We aim to provide top quality tutorials, provide answers to top questions, and help in any way we can. Our site is community driven, and we will continue to make it better and better.

Support | 28/08/20 -13/09/20

Senior Support | 13/09/20 - 19/10/20

forums.gif.5d3db2db4a05c9465b84fa9bf0293df4.gif

2 minutes ago, JackWill6672 said:

Thanks! I am already in the Minehut Discord, and was just wondering if there was an easier way to do it without skript. I will ask the people in #skript, thanks!

Alternativly you could use command blocks where the players respawn and constantly give the users the effects.

Founder - Minehut.xyz

The leading Minehut support website. We aim to provide top quality tutorials, provide answers to top questions, and help in any way we can. Our site is community driven, and we will continue to make it better and better.

Support | 28/08/20 -13/09/20

Senior Support | 13/09/20 - 19/10/20

forums.gif.5d3db2db4a05c9465b84fa9bf0293df4.gif

6 minutes ago, Minehut said:

I believe this is just basic Minecraft, you can't... unless you use Skript. You can create a skript that would give player's effects when they respawn, I suggest you join the Minehut Discord and use #skript for more support, you'll get quick and consice answers there.

Thanks! I am already in the Minehut Discord, and was just wondering if there was an easier way to do it without skript. I will ask the people in #skript, thanks!