Having trouble with command blocks...

Rae___

Question

So every time i go through a portal i get put into survival, which is fine because im opped. i have a world for creative and want to make it so when players join that world they can press a button on a command block and turn into gmc. i put in [ /gamemode creative @s ] and it comes up with the message "player not found" when i re enter the command block. does anyone know what to do? (I've also tried turning command blocks on and off in the properties tab and restarting the server with no luck)

3 answers to this question

If you have EssentialsX installed, it tends to override vanilla commands. When using vanilla commands that have a remake in a plugin (like EssentialsX does), you need to put "minecraft:" before the command to signify it's a vanilla command. This is especially prevalent in the "tp" command. [ /minecraft:gamemode creative @s ] should work in this case. If not, come back and we can further analyze the problem.

• Thanks 1

I exist 👀

2017116754_Screenshot(570).png.53f79c07d815582c1f0c4d5e5760f428.png

826961329_Screenshot(726).png.b1bc8a533ec416adf7f48c55de441ab9.png

3 hours ago, Marshland said:

If you have EssentialsX installed, it tends to override vanilla commands. When using vanilla commands that have a remake in a plugin (like EssentialsX does), you need to put "minecraft:" before the command to signify it's a vanilla command. This is especially prevalent in the "tp" command. [ /minecraft:gamemode creative @s ] should work in this case. If not, come back and we can further analyze the problem.

This worked thanks!