why am i getting this error ? "an internal error occured while attempting to perform this command"

jxguar_

Question

13 answers to this question

It could be possibly be:
1. An outdated plugin 
or
2. A missing dependency

Ways to check this, is look threw your servers console, it will most likely be filling the entire thing with the Error (the text in red). You could also do /plugins to see if a plugins text is red. If a plugins name is in red colored text, it means its currently not enabled. 

Make sure to also go to where you got the Plugins and make sure they don't need another plugin to operate.

If you want to copy and paste what the console is saying here for a staff member/user to read, you can do that, or go to the logs .txt file and copy them from there. You can find them in the File Manager on your server dashboard. Enter into the logs folder, scroll to the bottom of the folder, and select the file name latest.log and then hit the Download button.  Also Maybe it also be useful if you let Me and other users here your plugin list, as well as Minecraft version.

Edited by Mwuhh
Spelling Error!

Yes sir! Essentials might be the issue you're having, as when essentials showing the text as red, it can, most of the time, give an "Internal server Error, even when trying to preform normal Minecraft commands. Make sure the plugin is up to date with version of Minecraft you're running! I will note that you might need to also try to install the stable release, instead of the dev one if those don't work

Also i see the plugin "WorldGuardExtraFlags" does not have world guard with it in the plugin list, i recommend getting that added too!  You can get the World guard plugin here: (https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/worldguard)

Edited by Mwuhh

You are forever welcome! I apologize but i do not know how to fix it, it maybe wasn't ready to be used for 1.20.4 yet? But again, i have no clue as to why it is not working, Maybe you can copy and paste the logs here so me, and other members as well as staff members can read it to maybe see why it could possibly have issues? If i find something out about it, ill let you know. 

Edited by Mwuhh

If this is where you got the plugin from: (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/mineresetlite.5773/) then it most likely wont work for 1.20.4.  it was tested and is known to work for: 1.7 1.8 1.9 1.10 1.11 1.12. Though, if you used the Minehut's Box template, then it should work.

Also im not to sure about that asterisk, but i believe that has something to do with something they added to paper.  Maybe a warning of some sort, i honestly have no clue.

Edited by Mwuhh

jxguar_ I see you are having issues with Essentials. Remove the Essentials plugin from your server in the File Manager then go to the Essentials website. Don't download the LATEST VERSION download STABLE RELEASE. Ill send you an image just encase you cant find it.

essentials.png

Edited by iyaix