I couldn't add text to the plugin 'Citizens'

Its_Astray

Question

I just created my new PVP server 'AstrayPVP' but couldn't add a single text to the NPC. Yes, I added the right plugins, I watched and rewatched the video more than 20 times following step by step. Researching websites, videos, but it wasn't telling me the answer I was looking for. Were people using a new plugin for the NPC? Or is it not programmed right for 1.19? 

==================================== 

All I wanted for my server was a single text saying to join my discord server. Please I need help putting this on to my Minecraft server.

Please and thank you, 

-Its_Astray

Edited by Its_Astray

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Its_Astray said:

I just created my new PVP server 'AstrayPVP' but couldn't add a single text to the NPC. Yes, I added the right plugins, I watched and rewatched the video more than 20 times following step by step. Researching websites, videos, but it wasn't telling me the answer I was looking for. Were people using a new plugin for the NPC? Or is it not programmed right for 1.19? 

==================================== 

All I wanted for my server was a single text saying to join my discord server. Please I need help putting this on to my Minecraft server.

Please and thank you, 

-Its_Astray

You can use skript to make a link.

There are videos on how to set it up.

You can use this piece of code (Requires Skript and Skream) It's not tested but it should work

# change 0 in line 2 to the NPC integer of your NPC
# change "example.link" to your discord link

on npc rightclick:
	event-integer is 0
	send "<link:example.link>&3&lClick here to join our Discord!"

image.png.bc433d6489d70ad831075fe76809b993.png

Owner of Lifestealed, Labs, Encore, UNOfficially and Observed

OG [VIP] 12/26/20 - 10/27/2021
OG [PRO] 12/27/21 - 11/18/2022
OG [LEGEND] 11/18/2022 - 3/14/2023
[DEFAULT] 3/14/2023 - 5/8/2024

[MOD] 5/8/2024 - Present

4 hours ago, AgentGamerPro said:

You can use skript to make a link.

There are videos on how to set it up.

You can use this piece of code (Requires Skript and Skream) It's not tested but it should work

# change 0 in line 2 to the NPC integer of your NPC
# change "example.link" to your discord link

on npc rightclick:
	event-integer is 0
	send "<link:example.link>&3&lClick here to join our Discord!"

I tried and it didn't work. It says command not found, I don't know if this is a problem just me or someone else. Do I need a use a different plugin? Or any chance you can join my server and or get in a call in Discord to help me, just pointing it out. But I am also on windows 11.

25 minutes ago, Its_Astray said:

I tried and it didn't work. It says command not found, I don't know if this is a problem just me or someone else. Do I need a use a different plugin? Or any chance you can join my server and or get in a call in Discord to help me, just pointing it out. But I am also on windows 11.

Try this. No errors but it should work. I'm on vacation rn so I can't call you on discord so 😕

on rightclick:
	uncolored name of targeted entity is "INPUT NAME HERE!"
	send "<link:INPUT LINK HERE!>&3&lClick here to join our Discord!"

[MOD] 5/8/2024 - Present

43 minutes ago, Its_Astray said:

Sorry for troubling you even more, but where do I paste this command? And no worrys if you're on vacation.

Once you have skript installed, go to your file manager and open the skript file. From there, go to the scripts file and create a new file named "whateveryouwanthere.sk" Paste the skript in there and save. Either restart or type /sk reload "whateverthenameofthefileis"

[MOD] 5/8/2024 - Present

14 hours ago, AgentGamerPro said:

Once you have skript installed, go to your file manager and open the skript file. From there, go to the scripts file and create a new file named "whateveryouwanthere.sk" Paste the skript in there and save. Either restart or type /sk reload "whateverthenameofthefileis"

Alright I tried it and it didn't work, but don't worry. I got it to work! I used a different plugin 'Citizens Texts' and used the command on the NPC, and it let me and other users to see the text and join my discord server! Thank you for at least trying!