Random Messages when no one is online

_Neptune_x

Question

I am playing with my friends with whitelist turned on and we both get these random private messages saying "Some Interesting things are happening in this server "somepr" you should join" they are all somewhat like this message, saying if you join you would get op or something. and there users weren't online. i even checked console and i didn't see anyone join or leave, not even a plugin message. each message was by a different person too. i could even message them. they are promoting somepr. please tell me because my friend is getting paranoid. 

2 answers to this question

57 minutes ago, _Neptune_x said:

I am playing with my friends with whitelist turned on and we both get these random private messages saying "Some Interesting things are happening in this server "somepr" you should join" they are all somewhat like this message, saying if you join you would get op or something. and there users weren't online. i even checked console and i didn't see anyone join or leave, not even a plugin message. each message was by a different person too. i could even message them. they are promoting somepr. please tell me because my friend is getting paranoid. 

they are bots. best to ignore them, server will get suspended eventually

image.png.bc433d6489d70ad831075fe76809b993.png

Owner of Lifestealed, Labs, Encore, UNOfficially and Observed

OG [VIP] 12/26/20 - 10/27/2021
OG [PRO] 12/27/21 - 11/18/2022
OG [LEGEND] 11/18/2022 - 3/14/2023
[DEFAULT] 3/14/2023 - 5/8/2024

[MOD] 5/8/2024 - Present

21 hours ago, AgentGamerPro said:

they are bots. best to ignore them, server will get suspended eventually

To add on to this, I believe they can message you even when they are not on your server because they are using /msg and filling in random usernames. Since MineHut connects all of the servers together, users are able to message between servers. I haven't had time to test this, but my guess is that it is intended so that you can tell your friends to hop on a server when they are currently playing a different server hosted by MineHut. I have been getting the same messages, so I would just ignore them.