Server crashing when I join

IncendioHawk

Question

I am hosting a free minehut server and I recently updated it to 1.18. Everyone else on my server is able to join fine but for some reason when I try to join it looks like I'm in the void and after about 5-10 seconds the server crashes and anyone who is on is kicked. I believe it may be due to a corrupted chunk but I am not sure how the chunk could have become corrupted. Any help would be great. Thanks

Btw if you need here are my latest logs when I start up the server from hibernating and try to join:

Sqsd7DaR.txt

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, IncendioHawk said:

I am hosting a free minehut server and I recently updated it to 1.18. Everyone else on my server is able to join fine but for some reason when I try to join it looks like I'm in the void and after about 5-10 seconds the server crashes and anyone who is on is kicked. I believe it may be due to a corrupted chunk but I am not sure how the chunk could have become corrupted. Any help would be great. Thanks

Btw if you need here are my latest logs when I start up the server from hibernating and try to join:

Sqsd7DaR.txt 9.62 kB · 1 download

its possible that one of your mods have corrupted the chunk, crashing the world. (maybe Fabric Rendering Fluids (v1)??)

edit:
[18:45:15] [main/WARN]: @Inject(@At("INVOKE")) Shift.BY=3 on fabric-lifecycle-events-v1.mixins.json:server.WorldChunkMixin::handler$zca000$onLoadBlockEntity exceeds the maximum allowed value: 0. Increase the value of maxShiftBy to suppress this warning.

it seems that this is probably the problem. it exceeds the maximum value of 0 on loading block entities. (i'm rly trying to understand but dont at the same time)

Edited by AgentGamerPro

image.png.bc433d6489d70ad831075fe76809b993.png

Owner of Lifestealed, Labs, Encore, UNOfficially and Observed

OG [VIP] 12/26/20 - 10/27/2021
OG [PRO] 12/27/21 - 11/18/2022
OG [LEGEND] 11/18/2022 - 3/14/2023
[DEFAULT] 3/14/2023 - 5/8/2024

[MOD] 5/8/2024 - Present

Thanks for the reply, I know you said you don’t really understand it but do you have any idea how I could increase the value of MaxShiftBy and if you know how much to increase it by/what to increase it to. Also, do you know why my server says 

Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 2040ms or 40 ticks behind

in console when I start it?

10 hours ago, IncendioHawk said:

Thanks for the reply, I know you said you don’t really understand it but do you have any idea how I could increase the value of MaxShiftBy and if you know how much to increase it by/what to increase it to. Also, do you know why my server says 

Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 2040ms or 40 ticks behind

in console when I start it?

Not sure because I don't think you can edit it. I think it's a Fabric mod interfering with world generation.

image.png.bc433d6489d70ad831075fe76809b993.png

Owner of Lifestealed, Labs, Encore, UNOfficially and Observed

OG [VIP] 12/26/20 - 10/27/2021
OG [PRO] 12/27/21 - 11/18/2022
OG [LEGEND] 11/18/2022 - 3/14/2023
[DEFAULT] 3/14/2023 - 5/8/2024

[MOD] 5/8/2024 - Present

I haven’t said anything on this issue for a while but I haven’t been able to fix it. I downloaded the world and ran it in single player and it worked. So I am not sure if this means that the server cannot handle my world. If so that would explain the “Cant keep up is the server overloaded running 2040ms or 40 ticks behind”