Backups not actually reverting the world back to it's backup

Hunter7557

I along with a friend are having an issue with the backs ups, they aren't working on my friends SMP server we tried updating to 1.18 but sadly one of the plugins we all enjoy wasn't there so we changed it back to 1.17 we also did back it up before going into 1.18 so that we could go back just in case. Thing is when we went back to 1.17 we got reverted about a week back and players were playing before then so auto save should have saved it at least at the day before. We went from about day 450 - 398 lost farms progression, items, etc. and the backup will not load. I also tried making a new backup on a creative server we use and tried restoring the backup, nothing it was the exact same. We restarted the server, had it hibernate and still nothing, we've also both received "Unknown Error" when attempting but also have both had experiences of the servers saying "Downloading" then still doing nothing world wise or player wise or server wise. This is very disheartening because now it feels as if we are being punished for going back to 1.17 even though we set a backup before 1.18 is backup currently just broken? If so how long will it take to resolve? 

unknown.png

Edited by Hunter7557
i misspelled some stuff

1 hour ago, Hunter7557 said:

I along with a friend are having an issue with the backs ups, they aren't working on my friends SMP server we tried updating to 1.18 but sadly one of the plugins we all enjoy wasn't there so we changed it back to 1.17 we also did back it up before going into 1.18 so that we could go back just in case. Thing is when we went back to 1.17 we got reverted about a week back and players were playing before then so auto save should have saved it at least at the day before. We went from about day 450 - 398 lost farms progression, items, etc. and the backup will not load. I also tried making a new backup on a creative server we use and tried restoring the backup, nothing it was the exact same. We restarted the server, had it hibernate and still nothing, we've also both received "Unknown Error" when attempting but also have both had experiences of the servers saying "Downloading" then still doing nothing world wise or player wise or server wise. This is very disheartening because now it feels as if we are being punished for going back to 1.17 even though we set a backup before 1.18 is backup currently just broken? If so how long will it take to resolve? 

unknown.png

creating a backup saves the server at its CURRENT time, and will not changed unless the server is saved again and the backup is replaced. Not sure why it reverted from a previous time 😕

image.png.bc433d6489d70ad831075fe76809b993.png

Owner of Lifestealed, Labs, Encore, UNOfficially and Observed

OG [VIP] 12/26/20 - 10/27/2021
OG [PRO] 12/27/21 - 11/18/2022
OG [LEGEND] 11/18/2022 - 3/14/2023
[DEFAULT] 3/14/2023 - 5/8/2024

[MOD] 5/8/2024 - Present

that's why i'm so puzzled by this, if it reverted it back a day no one would have minded but it reset it a fair amount within that week and i know for a fact people were playing during that time. as even i did and cleared a forest and now that forest is still there even though it shouldn't givin the backup was created after those event took place

14 hours ago, Hunter7557 said:

that's why i'm so puzzled by this, if it reverted it back a day no one would have minded but it reset it a fair amount within that week and i know for a fact people were playing during that time. as even i did and cleared a forest and now that forest is still there even though it shouldn't givin the backup was created after those event took place

not sure then. Ask minehut support at minehut.com/support/form

image.png.bc433d6489d70ad831075fe76809b993.png

Owner of Lifestealed, Labs, Encore, UNOfficially and Observed

OG [VIP] 12/26/20 - 10/27/2021
OG [PRO] 12/27/21 - 11/18/2022
OG [LEGEND] 11/18/2022 - 3/14/2023
[DEFAULT] 3/14/2023 - 5/8/2024

[MOD] 5/8/2024 - Present

Minehut backups are good but you should also download stuff and save it locally too. I wish I could trust Minehut to work but if you want something done right, you should do it yourself. 

Owner of oldgaffle.minehut.gg. (my paintball server)

Owner of karted.minehut.gg. (my mario kart server)

Advocate of individual freedom, especially freedom of speech.

Cooler than Stalemate128.

On 12/3/2021 at 7:09 PM, Checkmate128 said:

Minehut backups are good but you should also download stuff and save it locally too. I wish I could trust Minehut to work but if you want something done right, you should do it yourself. 

Only issue is once the world is large enough you have to download the regions in segments and if you've explored a lot that's a lot of files you have to go through

12 hours ago, Hunter7557 said:

Only issue is once the world is large enough you have to download the regions in segments and if you've explored a lot that's a lot of files you have to go through

That’s true. It would be cool if there was a plugin that would create a zip file of a world with a command or something. That way it would be easier to locally download large worlds. 

Owner of oldgaffle.minehut.gg. (my paintball server)

Owner of karted.minehut.gg. (my mario kart server)

Advocate of individual freedom, especially freedom of speech.

Cooler than Stalemate128.