Is there a way to transfer server ownership completely?

Da_Jiff6

Question

I have operator permissions on a server that I do not own. The current owner does not want to own it anymore and never plays on it. I can change stuff through commands, but I can't update to 1.17 unless he does it. The current owner wished he could transfer ownership but doesn't know how. If there is any way to do this I would like to know. If there isn't please add it minehut it is really annoying to deal with.

4 answers to this question

I ran into the same issue but I believe you can just save the world, download the save file, and upload to a new server. But also I think paper server update for 1.17 just came out for minehut so maybe all he has to do is change the server version to 1.17 now? 

48 minutes ago, Da_Jiff6 said:

I have operator permissions on a server that I do not own. The current owner does not want to own it anymore and never plays on it. I can change stuff through commands, but I can't update to 1.17 unless he does it. The current owner wished he could transfer ownership but doesn't know how. If there is any way to do this I would like to know. If there isn't please add it minehut it is really annoying to deal with.

The only way I believe to transfer the server is to have him give the details of his minehut account that has the server registered on it to you, otherwise I believe there is no other way.

If you mean being able to download the world, then you can only download files one at a time. Otherwise, you have to purchase a plan in order to download multiple files at once.

Please make sure that you aren't responding to posts that haven't been responded to in over a month. Thanks!